Author Topic: xxx customer order  (Read 5702 times)

Offline 78w72

• Adv. Member
Re: xxx customer order
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 11:27:31 AM »
hey another black car with a red interior.  that sure does look nice!!!      :o

the color combo works on a 78 too, even has argent grey snowflakes. i think the argent wheels set of the charcoal in the decals nicely. 

« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 11:29:52 AM by 78w72 »
78 w72 ws6 4 speed
81 turbo pace car
lots of other past t/a's

Offline 78w72

• Adv. Member
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2008, 06:55:23 PM »
thanks hammer.   means alot!
78 w72 ws6 4 speed
81 turbo pace car
lots of other past t/a's

Offline 78w72

• Adv. Member
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2008, 11:40:27 PM »
right back at ya!   ;)

see ya on the next thread....
78 w72 ws6 4 speed
81 turbo pace car
lots of other past t/a's

Offline John Witzke

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 09:46:29 AM »
my 79 trans am is not a ws6 car or a se but on the build sheet it says xxx customer order.  Does anyone know what this means and does it add any value to the car?
Thanks,
Erich

XXX Customer Order on the build sheet siimply means the car was a sold unit for a specific customer and not a dealer.  We ordered our 1977 Trans Am new and the build sheet in the lower right hand corner shows XXX Customer Order.  Also the window sticker for a customer order car will show the letter S for a sold unit.  The S is located in front of zone and dealer code which is next to the order number on the window sticker. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 09:52:30 AM by John Witzke »
John Witzke

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 12:44:17 PM »
Wow do I like the red ,grey bird on a black 78 ,look's superb!
The wheel color really works too.
Is  this car factory correct ,or did  someone change a few things  . Cause if it is ,I have never seen a 78 before with this color combo 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 12:51:31 PM by RainMan »

Offline 78w72

• Adv. Member
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2008, 11:45:15 AM »
Wow do I like the red ,grey bird on a black 78 ,look's superb!
The wheel color really works too.
Is  this car factory correct ,or did  someone change a few things  . Cause if it is ,I have never seen a 78 before with this color combo 

i'll take this one.....

first of all thanks for the compliments, i reallly appreciate it.   & i agree the color combo looks awsome, however, the combo is not a factory option for 78, although it really should have been. someone did change a few things, & that someone would be me.   ;D   

the car is a factoy black on red (carmine) car & came with the only color decals you could get on a 78, or any black car for that matter up to 78, gold.  that combo looks ok to me but with my red interior it just didnt work for me, it screamed bad 70's disco color combo. if it had black or tan interior gold would hhave been fine.   i saw one other black on red t/a that someone did in this combo & was amazed at how it looked.   i went through many many hours of debating what to do, stay original, or do something semi-custom that i liked.   

after a few posts on here asking what others thought, the majority voted for the charcoal/red decals.   it was tough going away from original, since the car is very close to factory elsewhere, but i am very glad i went with this commbo, i get tons of compliments driving it around, maybe it will make it to the nats in 09???   :-\

brett can tell you about my problems on this decision. i actually bought the gold decalls from him, then 6 months later traded them in for the charcoal/red set.   what a guy, what a guy.   thanks for tolerating my indecisions brett.

by the way this is the decal set for the white & silver cars. 

78 w72 ws6 4 speed
81 turbo pace car
lots of other past t/a's

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2008, 02:15:53 PM »
Well I think you have great taste!
I had to save the pictures ,as I thought the combo was perfect . I really like the wheel color alot to ,just goes great with the rest of the color combo .
I had a 80 turbo car with a red interior ,and if I had seen this beauty ,I would have kept it and done a front and rear clip change ,and then copied this awesome look you created 

Offline 78w72

• Adv. Member
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2008, 03:15:24 PM »
Well I think you have great taste!
I had to save the pictures ,as I thought the combo was perfect . I really like the wheel color alot to ,just goes great with the rest of the color combo .
I had a 80 turbo car with a red interior ,and if I had seen this beauty ,I would have kept it and done a front and rear clip change ,and then copied this awesome look you created 

wow, thanks again for the kind words....the rims are the factory argent grey color, i got the paint code from hitman on his wheel resto thread.  everything just came together nicely. 

next project is a silver 78 with the same decals & wheels. actually thats what this car was supposed to be painted, but i was convinced to keep it the original color......thanks dad!!!   ;)
78 w72 ws6 4 speed
81 turbo pace car
lots of other past t/a's

Offline DavidGilmour

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 08:19:58 PM »
Sorry to bump this old thread but I am interested in the silver/red hood bird picture on the first page. I'm not tottaly sure what I want to do with my 1979 and it could be an option. Does anyone know where I could find some more pictures of that combination? Thanks
-David
79 Trans Am WS6 (SE Clone)
2011 camaro 2ss/rs