Author Topic: Alice in Chains  (Read 2154 times)

Offline Kevin

• Adv. Member
  • Kevin
    • www.78ta.com
Alice in Chains
« on: December 31, 2009, 02:19:36 PM »
For all you AiC Lovers out there I found a great quality video for their relatively new song Check My Brain.
They replaced their singer (who died, Layne Staley) with a new one and he sounds great. A little more poppy in tune/lyrics but still has that heavy hitting riff and drums I love about the band. By the way these guys brought the famous Man in the Box and Rooster that everyone knows from back in the day.
Probably my favorite band of the 90's on and I hope you enjoy it ....

http://www.babelgum.com/html/clip.php?clipId=4002594utm_campaign=pas_indiemusic&utm_medium=cpc_socialmedia&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=AliceInChainsCheckMyBrain&utm_term=

>:D  >:D  >:D  >:D

Real Rock!!

Also here's a behind the scenes interview with the whole band. I love Jerry Cantrell

http://www.babelgum.com/html/clip.php?clipId=4002594utm_campaign=pas_indiemusic&utm_medium=cpc_socialmedia&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=AliceInChainsCheckMyBrain&utm_term=

Yes that's KISS makeup, another band I LOVE!!

And of course my favorite AiC song "Would"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3FnQMSD4Zg

Layne Staley total master and delivers his message with real intensity and mastery of vocal performance.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 02:29:16 PM by Anastasiofan92 »
1978 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Offline Mongo

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • THREES A CHARM
Re: Alice in Chains
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 03:15:17 PM »
Layne Staley total master and delivers his message with real intensity and mastery of vocal performance........But a Dumba$$ Drug user that couldnt control himself. Nobody ever said Fame makes you smart. Wasted life. He left way to early.

I saw them in 95 with KISS at Tiger Stadium for the start of the Worldwide Live tour. The tour KISS reunited and put the make up back on. Great show!!!
"What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law."

Offline Kevin

• Adv. Member
  • Kevin
    • www.78ta.com
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 03:20:38 PM »
Layne Staley total master and delivers his message with real intensity and mastery of vocal performance........But a Dumba$$ Drug user that couldnt control himself. Nobody ever said Fame makes you smart. Wasted life. He left way to early.

I saw them in 95 with KISS at Tiger Stadium for the start of the Worldwide Live tour. The tour KISS reunited and put the make up back on. Great show!!!

I know, it is a shame about Staley using drugs. It did after all kill him, but musically he was a master. KISS was great when I saw them a few months ago. Fantastic performance not just for the fireworks and whatever but musically they did pretty well. The guitarist is good and the drummer is also good. KISS was never known for their musical technical mastery like you might see from RUSH but their songs are great BECAUSE they are simple and just rock. KISS did I believe Hotter than Hell and then segued I Want You, which after that they did the interlude from "Wont Get Fooled Again" by the Who. You know the part with the break and the drums, then Roger Daltrey does the yell and Pete just gets right back into the riff. Fantastic. Not sure if others caught the reference or the tease I guess, but I did!

A lot of musicians have had drug problems though which is very unfortunate because it usually results in either their death or separation of the band. For instance, Scott Weiland.. Much like Staley, total monster at vocals but can't control himself.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 03:22:33 PM by Anastasiofan92 »

Offline UnderDog403

• Phil 4:13
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 01:18:25 AM »
I absolutely love AIC...down in a hole is prob my fav song.
NOT INVESTMENTS.
1977 Trans Am hardtop 400 auto
1979 Trans Am T-top 403
1997 Trans Am M6

Offline UnderDog403

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 01:19:46 AM »
drugs or no drugs, he was amazing...too bad he went the way he did though.. >:( :( :-[ :-\ :'(
NOT INVESTMENTS.
1979 Trans Am T-top 403
1997 Trans Am M6

Offline UnderDog403

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 01:21:52 AM »
<<<<<<<- - - - - - - - - - - - - - another master of vocals too:(
NOT INVESTMENTS.
1979 Trans Am T-top 403
1997 Trans Am M6

Offline Kevin

• Adv. Member
  • Kevin
    • www.78ta.com
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2010, 02:04:29 AM »
<<<<<<<- - - - - - - - - - - - - - another master of vocals too:(

I know man. I love the Unplugged album, The Man who Sold the World, Jesus Dont Want me For a Sunbeam although he didnt write those, he did a great job performing them for sure. Ever watched the MTV unplugged for Nirvana? All those candles and such it's pretty creepy, I think it wasn't long after that that he died if I'm not mistaken.

I like Junkhead personally.
"What's my drug of choice... Well what have you got?"

Offline Kevin

• Adv. Member
  • Kevin
    • www.78ta.com
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 02:05:17 AM »
drugs or no drugs, he was amazing...too bad he went the way he did though.. >:( :( :-[ :-\ :'(

The new vocalist is pretty good though I have to admit. And he's well spoken and has a deep respect for the band's history which is just awesome!

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 02:28:48 AM »
ALICE in chains is a fantastic band of 2009,keep it going into 2010 please we need this greatband thanks dave.

Offline Kevin

• Adv. Member
  • Kevin
    • www.78ta.com
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 03:01:27 AM »
ALICE in chains is a fantastic band of 2009,keep it going into 2010 please we need this greatband thanks dave.

From what I can see, there isn't any real rock being put out now except by the old bands that actually mean anything like AiC. Thanks for the comment Dave!

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 10:46:21 AM »
AIC is a great band one of my favorites
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)