Trans Am Information > Trans Am Information

DMV Verification

(1/1)

Paxter:
So I went to the DMV to verify the car only to find out it cant be verified.  They told me it cant because the VIN on the dash doesnt match the VIN on the door.  So at some point it may have been replaced.  The other places dont have a sticker or anything because it was repainted.

Is there anyway I can get it verified.  I thought I read somewhere you can buy door panel stickers specially made for your car.  If there is no other way, I can't get it verified till July 13th, and thats too far away to not be able to drive it.

Thanks

RENOVATIONS:
I'd disregard the sticker on the door since doors get replaced all the time on old cars...compare the dash VIN to the VIN stamps on the firewall (2 of them behind the heat and/or AC case.

y88rick:
that would have been my suggestion

Macdave:
Yea - to bad the DMV does not think like we do. I had a 78 T/A SE to our DMV the other day and even took off the A.C suitcase before I went so they could check it. They would not verify it on the firewall and said they needed the original door with the right decal on it. I had to go get the door and re mount it to the car before they would do so. You could see that the 2 places on the firewall were matching to the dash but they did not care. I am glad I was still able to get them the original door with its decals.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version