Author Topic: 1978 Brake Line Kit, which one, who's the best, easy to install?  (Read 2616 times)

Offline cperrigo

Where can I get the whole line kit for front and rear?  Stock brakes (disk front, drum rear).  The easier to install the better.  I prefer high quality. I don't want to bend my own.  The less lines the better (vs a 6 line kit etc).  If it includes the clips and misc items great!  This is my first project car and first time doing this.  This post isn't on how to do it but where to find the kit.  Most people said inline but I don't see anything for a 1978 on their site.  NPD says complete stainless set but it looks completely different than others.  I was hopping someone on here could simply say "here" is what I got for my 78.  Price isn't my first concern.  Thanks!!!!

On other post I'll review installation, tools, etc…  Here I just need purchasing help. 

CP

Offline jmurray878

Re: 1978 Brake Line Kit, which one, who's the best, easy to install?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 02:41:19 PM »
That's somewhat odd.... I bought brake lines from Inline Tube for my 79 which is not listed on their site either.  Although I did physically go to their shop to get them.  I would call them and find out for sure.  I can tell you that the kit does not come with clips, or screws but they can also be purchased as a kit.  Also the set is 7 pieces for disc/drum brakes I believe.
Jim
Mayan Red '79 T/A
Atlantis Blue '79 Formy

"I'm you're Huckleberry"

Offline cperrigo

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 12:08:52 PM »
jmurray:  I will call.  I bet they can walk me through whats needed.  I got the impression I would need to buy accessories on the side.  For the most part, were the runs to the rear 'long tubes', or did you get a bunch of sections?  I know I probably not asking that correctly but I saw some kits for other year cars came 2 ways, many runs vs less runs.  Thanks and Merry Christmas

That's somewhat odd.... I bought brake lines from Inline Tube for my 79 which is not listed on their site either.  Although I did physically go to their shop to get them.  I would call them and find out for sure.  I can tell you that the kit does not come with clips, or screws but they can also be purchased as a kit.  Also the set is 7 pieces for disc/drum brakes I believe.

Offline jmurray878

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 12:28:38 PM »
jmurray:  I will call.  I bet they can walk me through whats needed.  I got the impression I would need to buy accessories on the side.  For the most part, were the runs to the rear 'long tubes', or did you get a bunch of sections?  I know I probably not asking that correctly but I saw some kits for other year cars came 2 ways, many runs vs less runs.  Thanks and Merry Christmas

To my recollection, there are 7 peices in the set.  1 long line from prop valve in the front to the axle in the rear. 2 lines, one for each rear brake. From dist. block on axle to blake cylinder in rear.  2 front brake lines 1 for each side from prop valve in front to frame bracket where they meet the rubber line to each caliper (rubber lines not included, but available) then lastly 2 lines from master cylinder to prop valve.  Again, clips and screw are not included, but are also available.  I believe when Inline ships them, they put a fairly good radius bend in the long line to box it up.  As I said, I went right to their office to buy the parts first hand and they were straight, but I have that luxury of working right down the street from the place.
Jim
Mayan Red '79 T/A
Atlantis Blue '79 Formy

"I'm you're Huckleberry"

Offline skip99

• mt, vernon, ohio
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 08:52:47 PM »
Ive always used  right stuff.    In columbus ohio