Author Topic: any audiofiles out there?  (Read 6491 times)

Offline stwrangler

Re: any audiofiles out there?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 09:19:03 PM »
Hammer you said you like bass, I'm repainting and haven't made the new grill to match the new color. 4-15's hooked to a pro power 4.

need automotives anonymous but I'm not looking for it.

Offline Rarebird

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
Re: any audiofiles out there?
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2008, 12:26:12 PM »
Virgil,

I have a 7.1 surround sound system in my home with 1001 watts (9 speakers and a sub but I includes two Cerwin Vega's RE-38's (400 watts each) with 15's for killer bass).  All top of the line stuff.  I pay homage to Klipsch speaker system.  I've had my professional (keyboard) amplifier speakers re-coned and recoiled.  The response (using white noise and full spectrum analysis) seemed to be very close to my original amplifer speaker performance. But my recommendation is to get another speaker from Klipsch.  It would be best trust the professionals on this one.

Hammer   

Thanks for th input Michael. Man hadnt heard a set of Vegas in a while....
  Actually I have 2 home sound systems. One for me and one for my wife.. shes particial to the Kenwood 5.1 system, total wattage about 200... me on the other hand prefer my Yamaha Reciever/cd player 7.1 with Klipcsh dual 15" powered sub and 4" sats, with Boston accoustic front and center, total wattage 700.  Ted Nudgents Strangle Hold never sounded any better. If I have it at half volume the pictures start to jump and the windows vibrate.  The cat I dont see for an hour after I shut it down...
  Movies... AWESOME.... the one I cant get enough of is Gone in 60 Seconds.. the heist cars and the chase scenes. The engine sounds and music mix.... tooo cool
Virgil...
1978 W72 w/M21 T/A