Author Topic: Y88 T/A For Sale on Ebay...check this one out!  (Read 4904 times)

Offline jphillips3333

• Lifetime Member
Re: Y88 T/A For Sale on Ebay...check this one out!
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 09:13:59 PM »
That's affirmative ... MarkG65 is the seller.

Nice car.
John

1 of 1107                     1 of 37,015                    1 of 1817

Offline Anderson0741

• Adv. Member
  • 1979Trans Am 4 Speed
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 09:24:24 PM »
Well first off I want to say sorry if I insulted you by saying it seems like a little much. However not everyone is looking to just buy a new Trans Am, for me I'd rather go through the experience of restoring the car to give it a little more sentimental value. Restoring a car yourself gives you the pride of knowing you did it, and for some it's a great way for father son time. Personally if I had that money I would by an unrestored car, and do it myself. Also I wouldn't be worried about taking it on the road, and for how it drives, you could buy an after market suspension and make a TA drive better. I'm not trying to bash your car bud, even though you think every Trans Am enthusiast is, the car looks great, it's just not what I'd go with. Nothing personal, good luck with it :)

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 07:15:45 AM »
thats exactly what i was looking at how to say. i think its sharp as well just not 42k sharp. 22 k sharp definately 30k sharp....to the right guy. and i thought this also was just another post for us to nit pick a car for you didnt know you were the seller. so again sorry
Too many birds, not enough food.

Offline Anderson0741

• Adv. Member
  • 1979Trans Am 4 Speed
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 12:01:57 PM »
Yeah he gave no clue that it was his, like me in this post http://www.78ta.com/smf/index.php?topic=17565.0 haha

Offline MARKG65

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2009, 01:45:33 PM »
ummm

uuuuhhhhh
ummmm
wow
sorry the lighting was bad then. but dont know who you targeted there in that respect. but if you dont know someone, dont trash their finances as you dont know how poor or well off someone on here is.

yes you do have a nice car. and if its worth that kind of coin you will prove us wrong by getting that much out of it then! good luck with your sale. Im just one that if i were to pay that kind of money for a car, then it better be 100% how it was supposed to be with zero flaw at all anywhere.

so if my two little measly comments got you bent out of shape well then i appologize but, for you to be so defensive leads me to believe there is more to the story than what is being said?

I was not specifically "targeting" anyone here, I addressed the nose crest and wheel comments for informational purposes only. 
The additional comments were concerning numerous emails from eBay users I've received and to shed light on comments received by that group.  If those emails and comments were generated from forum members they'll know who my comments were concerning. My comments were not intended to offend anyone but rather to shed light on what's happening "behind the scenes" in sense. We all say things and interpret things differently thats what creates dialogue and debate.

No worries on this end...just communicating.

Offline Anderson0741

• Adv. Member
  • 1979Trans Am 4 Speed
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 01:54:37 PM »
Great looking car, good luck

Offline MARKG65

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2009, 01:57:10 PM »
Yeah he gave no clue that it was his, like me in this post http://www.78ta.com/smf/index.php?topic=17565.0 haha
thats exactly what i was looking at how to say. i think its sharp as well just not 42k sharp. 22 k sharp definately 30k sharp....to the right guy. and i thought this also was just another post for us to nit pick a car for you didnt know you were the seller. so again sorry

I've set the initial price at that point specifically to filter out the pretenders and gauge interest.

Offline MARKG65

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2009, 02:00:09 PM »

No problem...after all, if everyone knew it was my car for sale initially, the comments may not have been so candid.

Offline Anderson0741

• Adv. Member
  • 1979Trans Am 4 Speed
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2009, 02:03:06 PM »
Your absolutly right, and your quotes are backwards I think

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2009, 06:20:42 PM »
lol thanks for making me look like a jack a$$ lol. again sorry man. I assumed that you were wanting us to criticize it for you as alot of members whoom are interested in a car do. so again my bad.

Offline MARKG65

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2009, 12:10:35 PM »
Don't sweat it Rick. No worries here. I've decided that if it does not sell on this auction it's going under wraps until car show and auction season here in Arizona. After all, I think this car is better than money in the bank nowadays and will only appreciate over the next few years.

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2009, 05:52:14 PM »
your not kidding. it does look like a very nice car and i'd definately love to own it too. just taking todays penny pinching economy into consideration. my last y88 i paid $13,500 for it and sold it for $6,500 after I redid the wheels and put a factory floor shift back in it it was nice and in need of a new paint job but it had me down in the dumps that i sold it for only that. now i have more money into this Y82 than i ever could have imagined and it will be far from a show car so i know your right when you say how much it would cost to restore definately and im doing this one myself so man hours are aggrivating and free.

Offline Gold78Spc

• Ohio Firebirds President 2008
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2009, 06:57:42 PM »
Now I finally got to see the pics.  Over all very nice car.  One thing you gotta realize Mark is that the nicer a car looks the more we are gonna nitpick it. The higher the price the more we are gonna nitpick it.  And I don't believe its just us.  I would say go to any web forum where everyone mainly has one car and the same thing happens there too.  Having said that  one thing I noticed (and being a Y88 owner I'd hope I was a little more educated on them) was that on the taillights I see the silver trim on the lenses.  The 78 se's and maybe even the 77's had black trim on the lenses rather than silver.  Now thats definitly being nitpicky but like I said thats what we do.  By the way maybe you could hook me up with your backup bidder after your sale ends (maybe your lead bidder if you don't hit your reserve).  I'd sell my car to either of them for what your at now.  Hell I'll even toss you a few bones for hooking me up  with a buyer.
78 Gold Special Edition TA
96 GMC Sierra
99 Diamondback 18 Spd
00 Ford Windstar
04 Buick Rendezvous
05 Roadmaster tricycle

Keep on Moppin' in the Free world.

Offline boardog

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2009, 12:17:55 AM »
on the y88 cars in 78 only the w72 cars got a shaker decal, the standard 400 cid cars did not get a decal, i have both a w-72 and a standard 400 y88 both have the original paint and only the w-72 has the shaker decal. i have had to explain this to several people.