Author Topic: Ya gotta love Honesty  (Read 1245 times)

Offline GK_STAR

Ya gotta love Honesty
« on: January 24, 2008, 12:24:13 PM »
Boy it would be great if all seller's were like this guy. I mean.....we all know (or should anyways) that more times then not the pictures look better then the car really is but this guy comes right out and states that in the listing........I tip my hat to this guy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-Trans-Am-1978-Trans-Am-T-Tops-with-400-automatic_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6427QQihZ003QQitemZ130191351631QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
But Hey...Thats just Me..I could be Wrong
Greg

78 T/A 403ci Olds
80 T/A 350ci Olds Rocket
78 Indy Pace Car Vette
64 Olds 88 2 Door Hardtop 394ci

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
Re: Ya gotta love Honesty
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 09:11:56 AM »
So, do the floor pans rot out from under the car?  Or is it a problem associated with leaking kick panels in which they rot out from the inside out? 

Offline Joker (§ir£Ğragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
Re: Ya gotta love Honesty
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 07:01:47 PM »
I think it depends on the car and wear the rust is. In the case of mine for example it's a combination of both. The lower sections of the floors like the area at the driver's and passenger's feet and the area under the rear seats is bad from the windows and t-tops leaking while the rockers and braces (and the floor in those areas) are rotted from the underside from either things like road salt or from the time it sat in a field. A lot of time if you pull the carpet up and compare the visible rust on top to that underneath you can get an idea if it came from the inside or out.
Larry