Author Topic: Powertrain Products Inc  (Read 3071 times)

Offline ta9590

Powertrain Products Inc
« on: November 22, 2013, 09:40:32 AM »
I may be needing to purchase a rebuilt Pontiac 400 depending on what is found when my current motor once it is torn down and was curious if anyone has had any experience(negative or positive) with Powertrain Products Inc.  In looking over their website(http://www.powertrainproducts.net/) their prices a not bad and their warranty for their engines are pretty good as well.  When I try to find any complaints about them on the internet, I find very little in comparison to Jasper Engines.  The motor that I have now and am having problems with I believe came from Jasper Engines and I would prefer not to have to deal with them.  Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline 73Formula

Re: Powertrain Products Inc
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 10:10:10 AM »
You also might want to check out S&J engines- I bought one and had it installed on the summer. I DID have a problem with it, the rear main seal and the freeze plugs in the back leaked- If you go this route, I would have my shop or whoever you have confidence in to re-do those. I paid about 2450 bucks delivered to my shop for the motor. (Long Block) Other than the initial leaks, the motor runs great, I already have about 1500 miles on it no issues.

Offline ta9590

Re: Powertrain Products Inc
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 10:22:12 AM »
Will do.  Thanks for your reply!