Author Topic: Another a*hole on Ebay...  (Read 7323 times)

Offline TransAmGuy

• '78 in progess.............
Re: Another a*hole on Ebay...
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 09:07:56 PM »
Do you think he'll figure out what "F%@$" means?...............

Vance

1978 Trans Am
1987 GTA
1995 Grand Am
2003 Grand Prix

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 09:09:26 PM »
Oh no, in the actuall Email I sent him it did say the actual "F" word, I just modified it to post in here because of the censoring I have here in the forum.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 09:35:27 PM »
I have a question.  What is the reason for using more than one name? 

Hee-hee!  It ain't the Internet if you don't have more than one ID!  8) 8) 8) ;)

Offline LTD

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 10:24:33 PM »
This is one of the reasons why I stay away from eBay now days unless I'm desperate for something.  There's a bunch of @ssholes all over the place and people just waiting to rip you off...of course you have your good bidders and sellers, but, one bad apple spoils the whole bunch for everybody.

Offline WarbirdTA

• Adv. Member
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 10:51:28 PM »
Brett,
I have three (what I thought was nylon) jackets, and they are very sticky, almost like they are melting.
Anything, and everything is sticking to them, and I can't find a way to stop it, or get it not to feel that way.
I have been told that the material is breaking down, and that it's not really nylon.
I didn't take any pictures of mine, as they are getting real bad.
So, hearing his comment about the jacket being sticky, scares me away right off the bat.
As for his comment, I don't know the reason.
I could make some up, that may correct, but in the end, I don't know.
I do know when I have ads on ebay, it seems that everyone who sends me a message, wants me to end the action early, even when no one bids on some in the end.
I hope things got straightened up with your bad day.
And nothing bad happened.
I woke up to an eye ache, and a headache (must be the sinus thing starting up again), so I didn't do much.
It makes me be in a bad mood too. Not that you care. ;) :-*

George  8)

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2008, 11:01:32 PM »
I use different names for different items.  I have my main one which s for 78ta.com, then I have one for 89ta stuff, then I have my Trans Am Specialties stuff on another Ebay name, then I have a personal Ebay account to sell personal items and stuff for the family and things like that.  I have multiple Ebay accounts for that reason.  I can also set up those multiple acounts because I have multiple domain names for email addresses for Ebay. 

So, what name do you use when you prey on the weak?

Offline WarbirdTA

• Adv. Member
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2008, 11:10:42 PM »
Hitman.

George  8)

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2008, 12:03:39 AM »
I always figured Brett for a preyer.

There certainly are a lot of morons on ebay.  You'd think the guy would be nice and simply say "I didn't put a BIN on the auction".  Lots of ebayers sell only through BIN. 

Offline Prettybird81

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2008, 07:59:57 PM »
whenever i've auctioned things i've always recieved emails asking "what would it take to end the auction now?" or "what's your reserve?" or "will you put a buy it now on there?"  The answer is always "thank you... but..."  I just try to treat people with courtesy and respect even when i'm telling them no... sometime people are just as ses anyway.

i know the questions are coming so i don't get uptight about it... people want always want a deal...i would guess in this case all you were looking for is the dollar amount he's looking to get and if he might be willing to put a buy it now on there... not like you were asking if you could take his wife and daughter and be their pimp... he overreacted... but you knew there wasn't one when you asked the question...

maybe he was just having a bad day... maybe everyday is a bad day for him... shake it off and be glad you don't live in his skin and always let every little thing get under it....

:)

Jeri

"Prettybird" ~ 81 T/A 301T/Auto, 23K.... oh... wait... make that 26K... nope... 27K Orig Miles (survivor)

"Arlington Cemetery has no section for Republicans, Democrats or Independents so get over yourself & suck it up"

Offline Prettybird81

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2008, 08:03:21 PM »
I'm wondering what name you use for your pvc/fetish line?  I was lookin for some quality stuff.

I use different names for different items.  I have my main one which s for 78ta.com, then I have one for 89ta stuff, then I have my Trans Am Specialties stuff on another Ebay name, then I have a personal Ebay account to sell personal items and stuff for the family and things like that.  I have multiple Ebay accounts for that reason.  I can also set up those multiple acounts because I have multiple domain names for email addresses for Ebay. 
Jeri

"Prettybird" ~ 81 T/A 301T/Auto, 23K.... oh... wait... make that 26K... nope... 27K Orig Miles (survivor)

"Arlington Cemetery has no section for Republicans, Democrats or Independents so get over yourself & suck it up"

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2008, 08:33:42 PM »
I will send you some private auctions Jeri for the good stuff.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline TransAmGuy

• '78 in progess.............
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2008, 08:50:09 PM »
I almost always ask if there is a buy it now price.  Not just because I'm looking for a good deal, but because I want to buy it.  I've been in several auctions that did not meet the reserve.  I wanted to buy the item but I couldn't figure out how to outbid myself so the auction would hit the reserve.  I've also had a situation, from a seller in Canada (hence I love all Canadians) where the guy wanted to sell some items I was interested in.  I had merely made an inquiry to make sure they were indeed the correct items (scoop, air cleaner, ducts etc...) and he came back with a $ figure that if I would pay that, he would change the auction to a buy it now.   He cut the price almost in half.   So I bought them and they are now ear marked for my project.   I think inquiring about a "buy it now" is a very appropriate question.

Vance

1978 Trans Am
1987 GTA
1995 Grand Am
2003 Grand Prix

poncholvr

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2008, 06:16:20 AM »
some things with buy now gets messed up,i think-
the buy now dissapears  as soon as there is a bid on it-
therefore someone entering the bid late doesnt have the option to buy now anymore, they have got to wait to see if the reserve is met (if there is one) or if the people biding win it,and it still might not reach the buy now price
unless the reserve is the same as buy now,or very near it
loop holes in ebay
 i think the buy now should stay until the reserve is met/or until the actual buy now is met
just my .02's

Offline jjr

• Tech Staff
  • Fort Worth, Texas
    • The 301 Garage
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2008, 11:41:03 AM »

Having an auction on Ebay means you want to sell something.

Why would asking a question about buying it set off a seller.

I've snagged a few things I needed by asking for alternatives,
the seller got his money and was happy as was I. 

When no other option is available, I don't expect a short lecture,
and certainly don't expect to be admonished... after all I still
might be a customer.

I liked your last part too Brett.

and... just couldn't resist, I just sent him a message asking if
he had a Buy it Now option... <grin>

Joe R
1979 10th Aniv 400/4spd
1980 Black SE 301NA
1980 Indy Turbo Pace 301T
1981 Turbo 301T
1981 Black SE 301T
1981 Daytona Pace 301T
www.301garage.com

Offline Sir english firebird

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member. proud to be
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2008, 12:28:30 PM »
So after all of this etc etc the emails, the abuse, the use of the F word etc etc, ARE YOU GONNA BUY IT OR WHAT?     ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Power is nothing without Control.

Steve, :-)
1979 Trans am.

( no point in adding what else i keep changing them ! )