Author Topic: FS: 1989 Turbo Trans Am GTA - 20th Anniversary - Indy 500 Pace Car - #373  (Read 1378 times)

Offline 1978 Y82

My TTA (Firebird Trans AM GTA) is car # 373 with 50,221 miles. I am the second owner and I have had the car for over 6 years (bought it Sep. 2002). The car was originally from Florida and doesn't not have any license plate screws in the front bumper or any rust anywhere.

The rear spoiler is not cracked and the car has a stock turbo tweak chip, which makes it run and idle very smoothly, and a K&N air filter (I have the stock air filter housing). It basically a brand new 20 year car. The rear main seal just started to leak (this seems to be common with these V6 turbos).

It’s free of any accidents, rebuilds, paint work or interior work (no stains or rips). It’s all original. Original engine, transmission, exhaust and catalytic converter. A/C, heat, horn, lights, blinkers.. .all work. Its still has the original Lexan T-Tops (not glass). I have the Indy 500 door/windshield sticker and owner’s manual. And I have PHS documentation and a letter to shown its a TTA and car # 373. I have a clean/clear AutoCheck report dated 2007. I have clean/clear NYS title in my name.

I am 36 years old and never beat on the car and I bought it from an older Florida man in his 60's. I don't even get on the turbos much because I actually like the way the V6 drives and runs alone. The handling is tight and steering is smooth. But it’s nice to know that you have all the power in the world to take off like no other car that I have ever driven and this is stock. I can only think of what a total moded car could do but that’s not my style.

You can call me at 516-851-6276 to talk about the car anytime. I love the car but with 2 kids (4 and a 1 year old) and a wife that hates all my toys it’s just not in the cards to keep it right now. I would rather see someone else use and enjoy the car like it should be.

The car is located in Farmingville NY 11738 at my moms’ house in her garage for the winter. $15K FIRM.

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
I love those 80s cars when they put as many buttons as possible in the steeringwheel. How much power does that car produce.  It looks really sharp i can tell you took care of it.
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline 1978 Y82

While these motors were rated at 250 flywheel horsepower to appease the Corvette crowd, in actuality, the TTA motor reportedly made 301 hp on the PAS engine dyno. Torque was also reportedly rated at 355. Turbo T/As have been known to run the quarter in as fast as 13.4 seconds bone stock. And 0-60 in low 5's. 1 of 1,324 with leather and T-tops.

See video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcTGWUKPyJQ

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
Very nice GTA ,I really like the color .Good luck with your sale ,the new owners going to be one happy camper