Author Topic: Vendors at the Nats 2011  (Read 1682 times)

Offline TransAm_Stan

Vendors at the Nats 2011
« on: July 03, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »
My plan is to attend the 2011 Nats.  Will not be driving a TA.  Probably bring a truck & enclosed trailer.  Hopefully I will pre order pieces-parts & pick them up there to save on shipping.  Especially the bulky parts that you have double the price because of the shipping.

My question is about the vendors.  I have searched but have not found a list of vendors who will be there.  Any experianced attendees have an idea who will be there?

I am currently looking at the catalogs & making my list of things to order.

I also want to scrounge through the swap meet.  I luv swap meets!

Do not know how long I will be there.  Probably depends on if I can find a bed on short notice.  Anyone need a roomie for Sat. night?

As always thanks in advance for the replies...

Stan
WV
76 White w blue int. 400 4sp. "Toastee"

76 white with blue/white interior. 400 4 sp.(ongoing project)

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Re: Vendors at the Nats 2011
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 03:27:47 PM »
its usually some smaller guys, big shops I havent seen too many of, lots of used and original stuff, I know last year there was one maybe two guys selling new stuff there...
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline 4SPEED

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • NFTAC & POCI Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 05:10:49 PM »
the big vendors dont do the NATS.  but they will be in Norwalk.  there are a few guys that will be there, that do nothing but swapmeets. but its mostly someone like you or me selling there parts and (junk)

I've sold parts there for years , and know all the ones that are there every year.   
77 W72 TransAM  (SOLD)
79 TransAM 4SPEED

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 07:16:08 PM »
My question is about the vendors.  I have searched but have not found a list of vendors who will be there.  Any experianced attendees have an idea who will be there?

I don't know of a list but you can always count on Ames to have a booth there...their prices are best also ;)
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline 89flyboy

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 09:56:18 AM »
Stan I am not going this year but was looking to go next year and I have been wondering the same thing, thanks for asking this question.
I long for the peace that only driving a t/a can bring.

Offline TransAm_Stan

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 10:43:54 AM »
Thanks for the info guys.

My main reason for attending the Nats is picking up parts.  If there is not going to be any other vendors but Ames then I may rethink my plans.

Yes looking at TA's & the fellowship that goes along with this Hobby (obsession?) would be part of the reason to attend.  The main reason for me would be parts, parts & more parts!  LOL

Regards

Stan

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 10:51:39 AM »
I'm sorry that I don't have an exact list of vendors that will be there selling new parts but yes, there are more than just Ames.
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline bobspacin80ta

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 10:52:21 AM »
Alot of times guys will preplan to bring parts with them if they have buyers going to the show. So maybe checking to buy parts from the guys here and them bringing the parts to the nats will save you some money over the parts houses.
'80 T/A Indy pace car
'78 Grand Prix
'78 Grand Prix

Offline TransAm_Stan

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 12:13:55 PM »
Alot of times guys will preplan to bring parts with them if they have buyers going to the show. So maybe checking to buy parts from the guys here and them bringing the parts to the nats will save you some money over the parts houses.

Good point Bob.

I am trying to make a list (as I type) of the bigger, bulkier & heavier parts that I would like to have.  Things like brake lines, fuel lines, doors, headliner etc.  I do like to save on shipping!

I will post my needs in the classified section.

I think I will call the rest of the vendors that I know of who sells Firebird parts & ask if they will be attending.

Thanks for the replies Gents!

Stan

Offline 4SPEED

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • NFTAC & POCI Member
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 02:47:37 PM »
inline tube will be there for all the gas /brake lines.  but they might be for mail order.  and AMES the same way.  they will have stuff there and might get lucky.  Call them to bring what you need.   but also the show price is cheaper then the catalog price with free shipping sometimes.

77 W72 TransAM  (SOLD)
79 TransAM 4SPEED