Author Topic: Trans Am Nationals 78ta.com/OhioFirebirds Caravan  (Read 12454 times)

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
Trans Am Nationals 78ta.com/OhioFirebirds Caravan
« on: June 17, 2008, 10:13:09 PM »
Ok, since we are getting closer to the Nationals and trying to plan events and routes, here is the tentative routes and times for the Caravan to the 2008 Trans Am Nationals.  Of course, the first plan is to have a "Pre-Caravan Party/Cookout".  This year again, it will be held at my house to kick off the weekend. 
We will be meeting at my house anytime after 5:30pm on Thursday August 21st.  We will be having a cookout for anyone who wants to attend and also caravan down with us the next morning.  If you are coming for the cookout, please notify me so that we can get a head count and I will give you directions.  Mentor, OH is located about 25 miles East of Cleveland right up on Lake Erie.  We can also supply you with a list of hotels to stay at for the night, or I am trying to work out a deal with a local hotel for good rates.  But I need to know approximately how many people plan on coming in for Thursday night.  So, the sooner you can let me know the better.

The Carvan will leave from Mentor OH via I-90 close to my house that Friday morning about 9:00am (depending on how Hammer's car does).  We will meet there at 8:30am so that you may have a chance to fuel up and gather any needed items for the trip.  If you wish to meet with the caravan at this point, please contact myself or Hammer.  Last year we had about 6 cars at this point.  The caravan will leave promptly at 9:00am.  We will be taking I-90 East and join up with I-271 South.  I-271 South will Join/End at I-71 South.  We will take I-71 South and stop aboutRt. 83 Lodi Exit which is where we stopped last year about 10:20am.  We will be meeting up with a group of cars coming from the East like Akron, Canton, and any other points from the East.  If you wish to join the Caravan at this point we will have contact information to follow.  last year, we had about 8 cars join us here. 
We will depart the Lodi Prime Outlet Mall at approx. 10:30am - 10:45am and head back down I-71.  We will stop around Cloumbus at about 11:30am - 11:45am to meet up with anyone coming from the East across I-70.  Again if you want to meet up with the caravan at this point, the contact information will follow.  Last year, we had about 4 cars join up with us here for a total of about 18 cars.  We will depart from Columbus about 12:15pm or so and head to the Dayton International Airport and the Trans Am Nationals.  We will arrive here at approx 1:30pm.

Any questions, please contact me.  We will have the Offcial route being posted in the next few weeks, but I wanted to get this out there to start it off and see about who might be joining us along the Caravan.  We should also have a truck and a trailer following us with tools and a couple spare stuff just in case anything happens.  I hope to have a great time at the Nationals and also a great time getting there.  So, if you are interested in joining this Caravan, let me know by posting here or sending me a PM.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 04:52:42 PM by Hitman »
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Prettybird81

Re: Trans Am Nationals 78ta.com/OhioFirebirds Caravan
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 11:40:16 AM »
I have three words...

supplies = muffins + pepsi
Jeri

"Prettybird" ~ 81 T/A 301T/Auto, 23K.... oh... wait... make that 26K... nope... 27K Orig Miles (survivor)

"Arlington Cemetery has no section for Republicans, Democrats or Independents so get over yourself & suck it up"

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 11:56:13 AM »
I have three words...

I have three words for you.....

You're + Not + Invited + Now

ok.... so I guess that is four words.  :P
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Prettybird81

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 12:14:51 PM »
it's actually technically 5.

I have three words...

I have three words for you.....

You're + Not + Invited + Now

ok.... so I guess that is four words.  :P
Jeri

"Prettybird" ~ 81 T/A 301T/Auto, 23K.... oh... wait... make that 26K... nope... 27K Orig Miles (survivor)

"Arlington Cemetery has no section for Republicans, Democrats or Independents so get over yourself & suck it up"

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 12:16:48 PM »
No..... "You Are Not Invited Now" would be 5 words, but "You're Not Invited Now" is only 4.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Prettybird81

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 12:23:57 PM »
ha... who do you think you are anyway?  the guy that makes the rules?  ha.

No..... "You Are Not Invited Now" would be 5 words, but "You're Not Invited Now" is only 4.
Jeri

Offline 784mula

• Ohio Firebirds
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/784MULA
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 12:26:02 PM »
I will meet in Columbus at 11:30AM on Friday for the last leg in. Pointman was planning on caravaning down from Michigan with me as well, so thats 2 cars. I will check with Mr. 502 who caravaned last year with me. If your not letting Prettybird 81 go to your cook out, maybe she will join up with us!

1978 FORMULA 1st place 2007 TA NATS Stk Class
1977 FORMULA (Gone but not forgotten)

Offline Prettybird81

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 12:28:25 PM »
lol... if pointman is going to drive over on thursday... i probably will try to coordinate something with him so that i'm not making that trek all on my own... so that would prob work Joe...

You an your sweetie bringin margaritas?

I will meet in Columbus at 11:30AM on Friday for the last leg in. Pointman was planning on caravaning down from Michigan with me as well, so thats 2 cars. I will check with Mr. 502 who caravaned last year with me. If your not letting Prettybird 81 go to your cook out, maybe she will join up with us!
Jeri

Offline 784mula

• Ohio Firebirds
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/784MULA
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 12:35:41 PM »
Oh, I'll have my Margarita's alright, but I dont know about my sweetie. My chocolate Lab never rides in my Firebird!

1978 FORMULA 1st place 2007 TA NATS Stk Class
1977 FORMULA (Gone but not forgotten)

Offline LOMILETA

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 12:46:53 PM »
Jeri is allowed to the cook oput, but  she isnt allowed to have hamburgers " ALL WEEKEND"
1978 TA-462 ci Buick (just sold)
1980 Turbo Formula
1995 Grand Prix
2002 TA convertible

Offline Prettybird81

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 01:01:39 PM »
Why can't I have hamburgers???  I like hamburgers!!!!  But what I really want is some of those little mini muffins... i like blueberry...
Jeri is allowed to the cook oput, but  she isnt allowed to have hamburgers " ALL WEEKEND"
Jeri

Offline LOMILETA

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 01:12:43 PM »
Well, the tests from last year are inconclusive from when you got sick.   lol      Right you should start your caravan day with muffins and a pepsi.
1978 TA-462 ci Buick (just sold)
1980 Turbo Formula
1995 Grand Prix
2002 TA convertible

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 03:16:41 PM »
Pretty soon all of you are not going to be invited..... Except Joe and his Margarita's.

Oh, and I went on the Internet to count the number so fowrds... here are the results.

[attachment deleted by admin over 90 Days old]
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 03:19:26 PM »

I'm not trying to get involved in ya'lls spat but technically, if you consider the "+", that's 5, you miss quoted yourself "You're + Not + Invited + Now", notice that "+" in there?  You used that three times but I only count it as one "word".  So, uh, ya, that's it, see you at the Nat's hopefully ;)
Rich

Offline Prettybird81

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 03:23:27 PM »
Did you make up that site?  I'm just going to have my own party at the hotel... gotta find one with a pool and a plug for Joe's Margaritas... if I remember correctly Rich's wife Rachael loved those too... and Russ... if I ever get allowed back to the Hitman home... I AM eating a hamburger...

lol

Pretty soon all of you are not going to be invited..... Except Joe and his Margarita's.

Oh, and I went on the Internet to count the number so fowrds... here are the results.
Jeri