Author Topic: 1975 Trans Am  (Read 3196 times)

Offline wheels78ta

• Worth its weight in Gold
1975 Trans Am
« on: February 18, 2007, 11:03:39 AM »
For Sale  --  All or parts. (Semi short story):  Body is o.k., driver side fender no good, passenger side fender is repairable, hood is attached but 2 of the nuts mounted inside are loose, front bumper is good (one of the bumperettes has came off the bracket that mounts to the bumper, rear bumper in good shape, doors are rusted at the bottom, front headlight assembly is in good shape, not cracked or broken, glass is no good, interior needs complete resto, including replacing all floorpans, I have a nice set of lower door panels (black) that I got from e-bay, it has a chevy 350 motor (that's another semi short story), it runs but when you put it in gear it boggles down and dies....I was working on this part of the car when I came across a 1978 Y88 SE and bought it as my project, so I no longer need the 75....When I bought the 1975 Trans Am, it had been sitting in this guys backyard for 3 years untouched and I couldn't stand to see it sit there and rot. He said that the car ran great at one time.  But one day he went to start it and go somewhere and for some reason the car wouldn't start...It would turn over but not fire up so him and some "buds"  tried to figure out the problem and could not get it started...and left it for dead....I got it home and changed all fluids, cleaned the carb, put in new gas, spark plugs and wires, cap and rotor, and it fired up...but I think the problem is in the Jets etc....anyway, the car is for sale all or parts.  If anyone is interested, I do have pics but I'm new at sending them to e-mails (my wife helps me with this)....let me know where to send them and I'll get them to you.  I'm asking $1500.00 ...I will include a set of Hurst Hatch T-Tops and mounting brackets (in fair shape) plus any extra parts I can find. Just ask..Thanks   Wheels
1978 Y88 W72 WS6 4-SPD 79,000 miles
1987 Chevy K5 Blazer 7.4L Vortec 4x4
2005 Chevy Suburban 2500 8.1L Vortec 4x4
2006 Chevy Silverado Z71 5.3L Vortec 4x4

Offline brooksman9

1975 Trans Am
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 11:03:40 AM »
pics
brooksman9@earthlink.net