Author Topic: What "other toys" are in the garage?  (Read 48519 times)

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
Re: What "other toys" are in the garage?
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2008, 11:46:34 PM »
Pretty nifty!  Man, that had to have been a BIG Christmas tree for it to fit underneath! :o ;)

Offline milly

• Adv. Member
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2008, 12:01:35 AM »
Rich, don't let Rick fool you about the Corvette. It's actually his wifes car, she just lets him wash it.  ;) ;D

Here's some of my junk:

The '93 Olds Bravada is my daily driver and on going project (just don't tell Mrs. Milly). The '96 Ford Taurus was recently sold.

The '01 Ford Taurus is Mrs. Milly's daily driver.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 12:03:56 AM by milly »
John
1981 Trans Am
1996 Firebird

Central Illinois Firebirds
Ohio Firebirds

Offline rentedmule

• I'll need a speedy car... speedier than that
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2008, 12:16:42 AM »
Milly - will the bravada be a "braphoon" sometime soon???  ;D

here's my daily driver - '03 sonoma 4.3 with a 928 motorsports "super-powerdyne" S/C - boost is about 11 psi, snow progressive methanol injection, wheel/tire combo from a 2000 trans am.  I'm still working out some bugs but hopefully it'll end up around 250+ rwhp, 320 ft/lbs

1980 Turbo T/A - WS6, 70k kms, montreaux maroon/carmine

'03 GMC Sonoma, blown + meth-injected 4.3V6

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2008, 12:51:36 AM »
WTH?? Who has room in their garage for extra toys??  :o
I need another garage the way it is... :-\
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline the german

• "Black is beautiful" Burt Reynolds
    • http://www.ta-se.de
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2008, 03:20:53 AM »
Oh yes, have a other toy in my garage! Purchased it new last year it's black and silver and has rear wheel drive of course! It's in perfect condition therefore i would never use in rain or snow only in summer. Here you can see: http://home.arcor.de/bandit-trans-am/520BR.jpg ;D

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2008, 09:12:42 AM »
Good one, Heiko!  Yeah, I've got a couple of those myself...

Oh -- Jeff -- cars that are ASSEMBLED wiith all their parts take up less room than cars that are DISASSEMBLED... :D :D ;)

trancelgic

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2008, 10:42:42 AM »
I do love a good Monte SS.....   :D

I picked this up a couple of weeks ago.

trancelgic

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2008, 10:46:46 AM »
I must know, how are your tri-axels mounted?  A friend of my cousins built a GMC S-15 with a tandem, and all it took was a sharp turn and it would snap the tandem mount.

I like toys ;D

lowrider

Offline Joker (§ir£Ğragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2008, 11:28:26 AM »
Ok folks......we have seen the awesome firebird pictures, but what other toys do you have? (Bikes, boats, trucks, planes, etc.)

My 12 second truck, a 2002 SVT Lightning

Hey look! It's a rolling tomato! lol      j/k! A kid at work just got a truck very similar to that and I give him grief all the time by calling it that.  ;)

2005 Four Winns 200Le - 20', open bow, Volvo Penta 5.0 FI I/O.

**Pulling boat ride duty during our annual family vacation.

Now that I like! I love little bow-riders like that. I wish I could have gotten mine out just once before I had to get rid of it to move here. :-\ I thought about getting one someday here, but the lakes here are just to open and boring. Nothing like back east.

stwrangler I love all your toys too! Especially the Pontiac and that MG!

Milly how's that Bravada coming along? If the weather warms up here I'm going to go down and yank the intake off my Blazer and get Kevin to make a divider plate for it to separate the mess in the lower plenum from the incoming air flow. Then I'm going to fab up a new fuel press. regulator that will mount outside of the intake.

This is one of my '94 S-10 Blazers. I got it really cheap because it's been sitting and needs the engine rebuilt. I had planned on driving my other one until that was done, but it decided that wasn't going to happen. I believe (hope) that the engine in this one is a better candidate for the rebuild. I'm going to make a number of improvements (such as the ones mentioned above) and some changes to the body, but this one will be my daily driver.

This is my other one. I bought it first being told that it only needed a head gasket. Well, I replaced both of them only to find out that the heads were cracked (after I was dumb enough to get it all back together without having them checked. ::) ) I drove it for as long as I could, but in the end it was too far gone. It will end up donating parts to the black one as well as to other projects.

Then there's the old '93 S-10 pickup. This one is the truck I loaded up with more than it's own weight (between the bed and a trailer) and drove from NH to ND. This truck was an unbelievable work horse.  I originally bought it to haul ATM machines for a job I had in NH installing and servicing them. I could load 3 of them in the bed and carry them through the New England mountains. Even after all of that, the engine and tranny are still alive and kicking in the local highschool welding teachers mid '80s Corvette. (yes, he did that. lmao)

When I got it

My trip to ND

Now

And finally there's the old '82 LTD. This one was Kevin's first car, but he likes GMs better. ( :D ) So I drove it until the engine cratered when I was doing what I was "supposed to". (Warming it up on a cold winter day.) It has however been seen (one time so far very fleetingly) on Powerblock as I was screwing around one day and got Kevin to video me boiling the rear tire off down the street and it made it on the air. lol

Those last 3 are not done for yet. They are going to be mixed and matched along with some other parts I have and will become 2 very unique toys. ;)

And I should also give Kevin some space here too. ;)

After he decided he wasn't any more of a Ford guy than I am, he bought his '85 Cutlass Supreme.
It's just a 307 for now, but he has plans for that. ;)

His dad gave him this '80 Cutlass 4 dr for graduation. It has a Pontiac 400 that he is going to rebuild and drop in the '85.
It also has a hydroboost brake booster (it was originally a 350 diesel) that I'm going to try and talk him out of. lol

And then he just recently bought this little '77 Dodge Colt.
He wants to drop a V8 into it. Maybe a SBC.

Larry

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2008, 01:49:51 PM »
Well Larry, when you're out this summer bring some life jackets with you and if the weather is cooperating I'll get you guys out on the water. Fair warning though...nearest decent sized lake is 1.2-1.5 hours away from my house.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline JT_Y88

• Y88
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2008, 02:10:26 PM »
Do toys that have been sold count?  These WERE my babies ...right out of college...I bought the old 93 Katana, which I re did the decals and repainted it.  Later that summer she was upgraded to the CBR.  Had that for a couple years, until I got married and she had to go...But my wife and I came to the agreement that the Bike $ would be recycled into continuing the MAN Fund, just something with 4 wheels and safer-thus the T/A ;D

[attachment removed by admin over 60 days old]
"a wise man once said...Drive A TRANS AM"

Offline 79 black ta

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2008, 02:40:52 PM »
I guess im not the only one that likes the monte ss's.  Heres mine:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 02:42:47 PM by 79 black ta »

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2008, 03:01:36 PM »
Do toys that have been sold count? 

If they do...here's my '05 Honda VTX 1300R (though I sold this about a year ago)  :-\

Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline stimpy

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2008, 04:39:15 PM »

Offline stwrangler

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2008, 06:45:11 PM »
I must know, how are your tri-axels mounted?  A friend of my cousins built a GMC S-15 with a tandem, and all it took was a sharp turn and it would snap the tandem mount.

This is the best pic I have of the rear frame work.  I had 20" very stuff half leafs made, that bolted to the stock spring purch, and panhard bars to keep the rears in line. It drives fine, I've put about 20,000 miles on it sence I did the stretch in 1992. If your cousin still has the truck and needs help with the layout, PM me with some pics.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 06:49:15 PM by stwrangler »
need automotives anonymous but I'm not looking for it.