Author Topic: air fuel gauge  (Read 834 times)

Offline Andy78TA

air fuel gauge
« on: August 27, 2009, 08:09:54 PM »
Hey everyone,
   Is there any way to hook up an air fuel gauge to a trans am? I am not sure how it would hook up since they usually tap into the computer and/or the o2 sensors. I want one pretty much just to see how im running. Thanks.
       -Andrew
78 T/A pontiac 400- Custom Headers - 2.5 Pypes Violator header back system - Edlebrock Performer Intake - Edelbrock 1413 Carb - Head work - pro comp roller rocker - CVF bracket and pulley kit - Custom system - Recaro T/A interior

Offline jphillips3333

• Lifetime Member
Re: air fuel gauge
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 08:16:49 PM »
Haven't read about anyone doing that ... that's not to say you can't meter that.
John

1 of 1107                     1 of 37,015                    1 of 1817

Offline Rarebird

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
Re: air fuel gauge
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 08:08:18 AM »
There use to be available a vaccum gauge type Fuel Economy gauge you could "T" off any manifold vaccum port. But as for a electronic type air ratio gauge I  dont think it would be possible without the proper sensor feedback you get from modern electroncs...Its like trying to hook up a OBD II scanner to a '70s model car. Unless you have the CPU and data link its not going to do you any good.
  kinda like taking my T/A in for its last safety inspection for tag renewal. The mechanic was in his early 20s and came and got me to ask where the data link was hidden, because he could not find it under the dash and he knew I had to had moved it.
Virgil...
1978 W72 w/M21 T/A