Author Topic: Radiator Core Support Mounts  (Read 1586 times)

Offline Transatrom

Radiator Core Support Mounts
« on: November 01, 2015, 08:50:52 AM »
I pulled the radiator core out to restore it and will pull the front frame as well.  Regarding replacement core support mounts I see Classic offers  a kit for $99.00, National Parts Depot has two kits; Repro @ $65.00 and GM @ $118.00.  Summit has a Original Parts Group RB0523 - Original Parts Group Radiator Support Bushing Kits for $30.00 and a version Goodmark 4020-326-67S - Goodmark Radiator Core Supports for $39.00 and OER K3029 - OER Radiator Retainer Pads for $19.00.  Thats a pretty big spread in price but price aside I've got this torn down and want to put a quality rubber set back in.

I would be interested in hearing of a quality set for both the core support and frame mounts based on experience of having replaced them yourself.

v/r
Dave

Offline Transatrom

Re: Radiator Core Support Mounts
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 09:08:49 AM »
I also went to Firebird Central and see they have a 1967-1981 Black Polyurethane Body Bushings Set with Steel Sleeves and Hardware for $99.00 which is everything for the front sub-frame.  The Poly set is interesting; looks like the set is cadnium plated and might be an upgrade without sacrificing a soft ride.

I would really like to hear from those that have installed these and what the ride effect is:  running OEM gear with 15 inch BFG's so its a soft package.

V/R
Dave