Author Topic: Rookie question-from a former Third Gen owner  (Read 1884 times)

Offline AKTransAm

Rookie question-from a former Third Gen owner
« on: April 23, 2016, 08:17:17 PM »
Hi all!  Just purchased a 1977 Trans Am after owning a 1988 from back in the day.  Looking forward to the first drive (it's being shipped here as we speak)!!  But I'm starting to realize that it's going to be a little different than my old Bird-as in hood release catch under the grill, and the trunk release behind the license plate.  So here's the very rookie question-where's the fuel door located? Since it's being shipped, it's going to have very little gas when I pick it up, and I don't want to be that guy who's looking for the fuel door at the gas station...... ;D  Thanks!

Offline 76Tranz

Re: Rookie question-from a former Third Gen owner
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 08:34:10 PM »
Behind the license plate.

Offline AKTransAm

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 08:40:05 PM »
Hey thanks!  Didn't realize that both the trunk release catch and fuel door were behind the plate. 

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 09:21:36 AM »
The trunk release catch is just a key hole, or optional pop switch in the glove box.

Offline AKTransAm

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 08:58:02 PM »
Thanks! I'm sure I'll have a few more questions once I get the car.  I think the first thing I'll have to do is get the scoop functional, and order the flapper door.  I was looking at a couple of old threads on the topic and it seems like cutting out the molded plate is doable as long as I'm steady.