Author Topic: MusclecarBoneyard ....WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 9105 times)

Offline Lostsoul

Re: MusclecarBoneyard ....WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 06:04:57 PM »
can someone tell me exactly who "musclecar boneyard " is?

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 06:48:18 PM »
MusclecarBoneyard = Bighooch (Pat)
Rich

Offline BANONE

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 06:49:53 AM »
So the credit card company has no obligation to verify the complaint BEFORE taking back the money? I guess there is no real easy answer. Sorry to hear you got ripped of Hitman.

Maybe setting up a feedback section with a for and against experience bit like ebay has (but none of that withdrawn crap) would be a better idea.
Ie. Have a seller title (eg Hitman), people can then log on after their transaction and leave feedback with a  + or - rating. Then rather than sorting through a hundred threads researching each seller, the potential purchaser can just look up the seller, see how many positive, how many negative and make up their own mind. I know it just gets more and more complicated, but, it seems like a pretty hot topic.
As a purchaser, it would be nice to have a site without any bias (obviously ebay has a vested interest in protecting its seller to a degree to keep the site running) that you can check on when looking.
Any ideas on a better, less complicated model? I know that it is best to call, see, meet the seller etc.. But unfortunately, in the real world, we are all to busy busting our but working to make enough money to survive, and hopefully have some left for our beloved trans am. I live on the other side of the world, thus, I kind of have to trust the ebay rating and take a punt.
I hope we can come up with a productive outcome, and help both buyer and seller.
Cheers,
Mark.

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 08:09:42 AM »
I like the way your thinking Mark and I like 78ta.com in the fact that it doesn't remove negative feedback comments like TAC does.  If it starts getting personal 78ta just locks the thread so you get to see both positive and negative.
Rich

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 10:29:11 AM »
Well, there is a feature as part of this board that you can leave a "Feedback" for someone.... but I can just put it on peoples accounts who sell stuff.  It is an all or nothing system.  So, if the sellers had it, then everyone one the board would be able to leave a "Feedback" about any other member.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline BANONE

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 06:57:00 AM »
Could be a good idea. Lets be honest, we would all rather deal with other members of the club anyway. It is safer. I suspect once word got out it would be a good (and free) marketing point for the sellers.
I second Rick's opinion on the site. Hitman's site is very fair, and whilst there may be disagreements on version of events, both sides get heard and then the public can decide. Much fairer than erasing any evidence of the problem and hoping it goes away.
Keep up the good work!
Cheers,
Mark.