Author Topic: 1976 TA / Standard Interior  (Read 1128 times)

Offline sanctuarycabin

1976 TA / Standard Interior
« on: July 13, 2016, 12:18:01 PM »
On a 76 TA Y82 / with STANDARD interior / was there pull handle door straps? (Or simply was the lower door panel cup used to open and close the door.)  AND then on the dash of a STANDARD interior was there a grab handle?  I have had a couple cars without them and am wondering if this was correct or was it a factory assembly line error?  On my deluxe model TA’s they have the pull straps and grab handles.   8)

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
Re: 1976 TA / Standard Interior
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 11:30:32 PM »
Deluxe option had the dash grab handle and pull straps on doors, standard trim did not. Standard door trims often had panelling in place where the straps would mount, deluxe trim had a space left for them.

Offline sanctuarycabin

Re: 1976 TA / Standard Interior
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 10:42:57 AM »
Thanks... These topics are great conversation and info for those also restoring a car.   I have found this info on (Standard Interiors) to be true with all the cars I have owned.  Those that have grab handles and door pulls are not "normally" original.  (Notwithstanding the factory did forget at times to add some items that most cars have, likewise some items were added that were not on the original build sheets..  Like mine does not have the 2 hood bumper assembly's in the cowls that most cars have and are supposed to have pursuant to the assembly line manual.  I have kept two cars over my tenure of owning numerous TA's that are unique.  I am bringing one of these numbers matching cars, to the Nationals this year.  Hope to see you there someday...