Author Topic: 1979 400 4 speed Trans Am  (Read 2404 times)

Offline BenW455

1979 400 4 speed Trans Am
« on: February 22, 2007, 06:07:42 PM »
This is not on e-bay yet.  Rip it apart and give me some pointers.  If I dont sell it on a Pontiac site I will list it on e-pay.  This is one of 2917 400-4 speed t-top T/As right? Thanks Ben

For sale: 1979 400 4 speed T-top Trans Am. Yes this is a 79 Z-code T/A.
It has all of the good stuff, L78,W72, WS-6.

Check out the link for pics. I have scaned the buid sheet so you can view it too.

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j57/BenW455/

Car has a great body but will need partial floor pans due to leaky t-tops.
Original paint was black but was repainted red by former owner. My son started working on the car but due to school and sports he didnt have enough time to work on it so I gave him my GTP to drive and I took over this project. I have all the parts that were taken off of this car except for the windshield.

Original engine is MIA in its place is a SBC that was said to have been rebuilt before I bought it. It ran fine and did not smoke on start up like a lot of SBC engines so I believe this to be true.

I have a 1977 400 that is rebuilt and setting on an engine stand in my garage that I have 2800.00 in. I can sell car with or with out this engine.

Rear end is a 3.42

I bought a low mile super nice 77 T/A that I am keeping so I need the garage space. I know I should keep it and that the will only go up in value but I dont have the time or space to keep it.

Make an offer. I would rather sell it on here than on e-bay. Thanks Ben

e-mail benw84@charter.net