Author Topic: So that new challenger  (Read 8283 times)

Offline 79transam92

• my myspace
So that new challenger
« on: October 17, 2008, 09:25:06 PM »
is very nice in person, my mother is interested...I might just have to find a prom date so I can drive it if she gets it, it would be a good enough reason to go. I like the seats in it, they are comfortable
1979 T/A, 403 engine, posi tract, needs interior and body work, needs paint, an engine rebuild couldn't hurt, needs the nice weather of summer again, BTW, I have a 94 Chevy Silverado also

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
Re: So that new challenger
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 10:59:43 PM »
im thinking about buying one and making that my old car instead of having an old car. much more affordable than the actual challenger and comes with a lifetime powertrain warranty if bought new. hmmmmmmm i could live with that. not to mention the 6cylinder has more ponies than my ta does kind of sad more ponies less cylinders better fuel economy im sure. very tempting.
Too many birds, not enough food.

Offline w72transamowner

• Tidewater Trans Am Club (www.ttac.net)
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 10:59:53 PM »
Saw another V6 Challenger today during lunch, so the cars are definitely selling.
1978 Trans Am WS6/W72, Auto (purchased Sep 00)

http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/carfanatic1

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 11:07:23 PM »
a dealership i service said that they cannot get enough of them and with a starting price of $21,900 how could they go wrong this is why im considering getting a base model with the better rims but then again for $29,900 i can buy a fully loaded srt hmmmmm

Offline 79transam92

• my myspace
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 10:23:37 AM »
my mom wants the V8 if possible, I still think a good carbureted, no computer V8 still owns the six though...more roar and simpler
1979 T/A, 403 engine, posi tract, needs interior and body work, needs paint, an engine rebuild couldn't hurt, needs the nice weather of summer again, BTW, I have a 94 Chevy Silverado also

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 01:28:58 PM »
I have always been a GM Guy ,but I gotta say the engineer's at Dodge are far more creative . I just seen one for the first time passing me on the hyw .I gotta say it caught my eye right away .I think they are going to sell like hot cakes . I would like to get a better look at one though .
I wish GM woul have represented the 69 a little better when they designed it . It's a Sweet looking car,but I don't see much 69 Camaro in it ,neither did Jay Leno

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 05:49:51 PM »
i hate to say it but its quite affordable and im thinkin of buyin the srt model. especially at only 29,900
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline w72transamowner

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 06:09:00 PM »

i hate to say it but its quite affordable and im thinkin of buyin the srt model. especially at only 29,900

R/T or SRT8??  I believe the R/T may be around $29,900 but thought the SRT8, which came out first, was considerably more expensive.

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 09:55:42 AM »
the srt8 was for its first year for that bling bling i got one of the first one out ever. now this year they made far more. and next year is slated to be even more. the rt is starting at 26,600 some things to think about i really am considering getting rid of my ta for one of these cars since i could never afford the first challenger and this is so close to the real deal why not have it and preserve it from day one?

Offline KeePat

• When I finish my T/A I will change my avatar!
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 05:48:51 PM »
For what its worth heres my two cents. The Challenger is awesome looking but its fat, over 4100lbs and it drives like a big car, but its a good car! Now the new Camaro is 8" shorter then the Chalenger and 300lbs lighter and with 422hp. I think it maybe the best of the big 3?
Pat

Ps I order a RS/SS Camaro last week! Black w/white stripe. I hope to get it late Feb?? ;)

Offline w72transamowner

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 06:28:55 PM »

Ps I order a RS/SS Camaro last week! Black w/white stripe. I hope to get it late Feb?? ;) 

I know the SS gets you the V8, what does the RS give you?

Offline pat

• Adv. Member
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 06:39:33 PM »
For what its worth heres my two cents. The Challenger is awesome looking but its fat, over 4100lbs and it drives like a big car, but its a good car! Now the new Camaro is 8" shorter then the Chalenger and 300lbs lighter and with 422hp. I think it maybe the best of the big 3?
Pat

will you adopt me? lol
speed kills drive a ford and live forever

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 06:57:31 PM »
at first i liked the 09 camaro but now its not good enough whether it has the power to back it up or not. i will give them this much the interior is very sweet but not a great tribute to the 69 by no means.

Offline KeePat

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 06:59:56 PM »

I know the SS gets you the V8, what does the RS give you?

It's an appearance package for an additional $1,200 not sure what it looks like? I hope to see more in a few weeks!
Pat  

Offline KeePat

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 07:18:04 PM »
Pat

will you adopt me? lol

at first i liked the 09 camaro but now its not good enough whether it has the power to back it up or not. i will give them this much the interior is very sweet but not a great tribute to the 69 by no means.

All the picture I’ve seen of the 2010 Camaro did nothing for me, but just like the Challenger when you see it your self It just looks great! And when I got to see the Camaro up closes I was hooked! 
Pat