Author Topic: Smokey and the Bandit 2 jacket  (Read 3568 times)

Offline band1t1

« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 07:31:06 PM by RENOVATIONS »

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
Re: Smokey and the Bandit 2 jacket
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 08:38:38 AM »
Who would want it.
Born and Raised in South Detroit Bitches

Offline solargold

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 01:26:34 PM »
That's the same jacket listed here last month that I bought and paid for last month. Seller then listed on ebay with a reserve and when I caught it he said his dad listed it not knowing I had bought it. But once it hit reserve he told me to bad and refunded my money. That jacket sold on ebay for just over $1900 to the same person that now has it listed for more than $15K.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-SMOKEY-and-the-BANDIT-TRANS-AM-Jacket-/221936747459?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT&nma=true&si=0pnWi8L1tZdU0oqpgkgetZwh4Es%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I know this as it is the same ebay account user name and rating for the one who won the auction away from me and the seller of this one.. Heck if you look at the two auctions looks like maybe the same guy. Both jackets on a wooden hanger and on a white raised panel door that opens in the same direction?

I ended up buying a replica with Burts signature for $348 delivered. Or try www.sky-seller.com  You can buy a leather replica for $170 I think or fake leather for $130

here is the link

http://sky-seller.com/burt-reynolds-smokey-bandit-red-jacket
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 01:47:02 PM by solargold »
L8R G8R

Offline band1t1

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 05:16:13 PM »
Hi solar Gold.

I purchased on Ebay from Some one called Sean.

I now have Jacket in the Uk. Just used pictures he used on Ebay.

I didn't know all that story before I purchased. Even though the seller was a complete pain and kept trying to get more money out of me. Kept telling me someone else was offering more money for it. not sure if this would have been you. Or if he made up.

Been after original Watkins Jacket for years but paid to much and would part with it for a decent offer.

Offline solargold

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 05:38:44 PM »
Yeah, Sean was his name. He agreed to a price, I sent money, he sent a receipt, then rather ship it he puts it on ebay. Sorry to call you out but I got screwed and trying to protect the 78ta community for falling for it like I did. I had reported the item to ebay as stolen initially has I had a receipt. He did refund my money. I brought to his attention the new auction and he didn't have much nice to say about the ebay transaction between you and he. I had it bought for $600 and run the auction up to $1500 but wasn't paying more than that. Good luck if you can pull in $15,000. Sad thing is I had it lined up for Burt to sign it the week after at a car event in Florida.
L8R G8R

Offline band1t1

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 06:31:09 PM »
No problem.

I haven't got much good to say about him either.

I won jacket for $1900 then he refused to sell to me as had someone else interested for $2500, who was going to get signed by Burt.

It all adds up now. Except I wonder if you really offered him $2500? or was he making that part up.

Not really bothered about selling jacket, as wanted for 15 years but if someone offered enough I would part with it. I'm not out to con any one on here. I actually purchased My TA from Brett about 8 years ago and he got shipped to uk for me.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 06:33:21 PM by band1t1 »

Offline solargold

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 04:23:09 PM »
He was playing you. I have all the text messages and receipts to prove it. Being that I had already bought it and told him I was having Burt sign it (Burt and Hal Needham have signed several things for me), sounds like he was squeezing you and duping me. The complaint he had was you reported him to Paypal for item not received, then reported the item damaged after receipt.
Glad someone here got it. The last one I saw on ebay had a Stunts Unlimited belt buckle and jacket for $500 BIN. I know the guy that bought it and Burt signed it as well. It was not my size and yours is the first XL I have seen.
L8R G8R

Offline prestonbradys

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2016, 03:12:53 AM »
I bought the same jacket for two times first from ebay and second from www.famous-jackets.co.uk but when i compared so my second jacket is more better than first ebay jacket. Displayed jacket at here: www.famous-jackets.co.uk/Smokey-Bandit-Burt-Reynolds-Red-Jacket