Author Topic: Front seat belts  (Read 3423 times)

Offline fb_rider

Front seat belts
« on: May 15, 2006, 09:23:34 PM »
I need front seat belts for my 77 TA.  I checked with Snake Oyl and they do not have that year available.  Any ideas?
1977 Trans Am SE w/W72 engine (sold)
1999 Trans Am Anniversary Edition #953 (sold)
2000 Trans Am Firehawk #263

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://home.comcast.net/~rwhitejr/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
Front seat belts
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 03:55:09 AM »
What condition do they need to be. Perfect, NOS, used in good shape??? I can get the front for you... but they would be used and in good condition. Is there a specific color. There is also a set on Ebay right now. RED tho.
What's she wearing now? Come on!
1976 Black 455 4 speed (current project)
1976 White 400 Auto (original)
F-body stuff stashed everywhere.
Always buying/selling/trading  just ask!

Offline fb_rider

Front seat belts
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 07:50:26 AM »
I'm looking for black.  They don't need to be brand new, but I would like them to be in very nice shape.  The ones I have right now are somewhat faded and curled.  Let me know if you know of any - thanks for your help!

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
Front seat belts
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 10:08:41 AM »
If you've got red interior...go with red.  When I was ordering my car in November 1977, the sales guy asked me if I wanted color coordinated seat belts or black.  Since I was getting tan interior.....of course I wanted the seat belts to match....after all it was the 70's!!!!  I figured it was a way for GM to get another 15 or 25 dollars out of me.  I think matching belts is the way to go....but that's just me.

Did you see Maddogs car on the TA forum?  Jason went through all the work to make that car a show piece....and what does the owner what installed with his tan interior?  Black seat belts...cause that's the way it came from the factory....well, his car came with a delco radio in the dash...and now he has an ugly black plate there instead because he installed a hidden state of the art stereo.  He got lots of comments on the seat belts.  But everyone is different and he now has a beautiful car built just the way he wanted it.  But my seat belts match my interior...black of course.

Offline Tin Indians Rule

• Tech Staff
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://home.comcast.net/~rwhitejr/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
Front seat belts
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 11:25:04 AM »
Quote from: fb_rider
I'm looking for black.  They don't need to be brand new, but I would like them to be in very nice shape.  The ones I have right now are somewhat faded and curled.  Let me know if you know of any - thanks for your help!

I'll see what I can round up. It'll be after the 18th of June tho before I can do it. Okay???
What's she wearing now? Come on!
1976 Black 455 4 speed (current project)
1976 White 400 Auto (original)
F-body stuff stashed everywhere.
Always buying/selling/trading  just ask!

Offline Klatt87

Front seat belts
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 09:37:15 PM »
what ta forum

Offline fb_rider

Front seat belts
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 11:27:41 PM »
Thanks for the responses.  I am in the process of changing my interior to black.  Even though the interior was red, the seat belts were already black.  I checked them out closely while I was putting everything together, and decided I'll probably keep them for now - I used some SEM black on the faded areas and that helped a lot.  However, if you do see a really nice set of black ones, I'm always subject to change my mind (again)!  Thanks!

Offline TRAN5AM

Front seat belts
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 10:43:35 PM »
A big, fat, smelly magic marker will do the trick on faded black belts! B.T.W., I still have the original tan interior in the El Camino, and the belts are black.
Steve Frey

"Put your seatbelt on, I want to try something.
I saw it in a cartoon one time, but I think I can do it!"

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
Front seat belts
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 12:06:36 AM »
So, if you ordered black interior, did GM give you get tan seats belts unless you upgraded to black :D