Author Topic: 7/19/08 Bass Pro Pics  (Read 2395 times)

Offline w72transamowner

• Tidewater Trans Am Club (www.ttac.net)
7/19/08 Bass Pro Pics
« on: July 20, 2008, 02:51:54 AM »
I finished up Saturday's cruisin at Hampton's Bass Pro......

1978 Trans Am WS6/W72, Auto (purchased Sep 00)

http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/carfanatic1

Offline blue81ta

Re: 7/19/08 Bass Pro Pics
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 09:53:17 AM »
You've been busy Bro. :) More beautiful cars and trucks. I gotta win the lottery so I can travel around to see all these great cars in person. :)

Thanks for posting.
Keith
1981 Trans Am

My safe haven from all of life's bs

Offline k_garretson23

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 12:14:44 PM »
love that judge
kevin garretson..

Offline w72transamowner

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 03:36:32 PM »

You've been busy Bro. :) More beautiful cars and trucks. I gotta win the lottery so I can travel around to see all these great cars in person. :) 

I love going to car shows, that truly is my passion.  If I was well off and no longer had to work for a living, I would spend my summers traveling around to some of the big auto shows across the country and taking in the sights along the way.

Offline blue81ta

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 04:28:25 PM »
I'm a car show and cruise-in addict too. :) The season is so short around here it's gone in a heartbeat. If there's a show...you gotta go. :) This summer the weather has been total crap. >:( >:(  The rain has killed a lot of the weekend cruises and car shows that I go to. I've had my T/A out of the garage only 7 times. Only put about 180 miles on it. >:(

Yesterday, weather was ok, so I went to the GTOAA Nationals in Saratoga. Today... crap...again.
Keith
1981 Trans Am

Offline w72transamowner

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 08:59:58 PM »
I'm a car show and cruise-in addict too. :) The season is so short around here it's gone in a heartbeat. If there's a show...you gotta go. :) This summer the weather has been total crap. >:( >:(  The rain has killed a lot of the weekend cruises and car shows that I go to. I've had my T/A out of the garage only 7 times. Only put about 180 miles on it. >:(

Yesterday, weather was ok, so I went to the GTOAA Nationals in Saratoga. Today... crap...again.

This area is actually saturated with car shows, three or four a weekend not counting the various cruise-in sites, so that can actually be a bit of a negative believe it or not because you're seeing a lot of the same old cars week in and week out.

But, theres also always those people that don't seem to ever shwo their cars like that gold T/A I accidently found Saturday or the 67 Coronet convertible I came across Friday.  Case in point; I know where there is an original owner 1973 GTO that I've never seen driven, never seen at any of the local cruise scenes and never seen at any of the local shows.  The car is well maintained and although parked outside (won't fit in the garage), is kept under a cover.

Bummer.

Offline Simplicity

• Ohio Firebirds
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 03:46:01 PM »
Cool pics, w72transamowner :)
Angela

Offline blue81ta

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 06:43:12 PM »

This area is actually saturated with car shows, three or four a weekend not counting the various cruise-in sites, so that can actually be a bit of a negative believe it or not because you're seeing a lot of the same old cars week in and week out.

But, theres also always those people that don't seem to ever shwo their cars like that gold T/A I accidently found Saturday or the 67 Coronet convertible I came across Friday.  Case in point; I know where there is an original owner 1973 GTO that I've never seen driven, never seen at any of the local cruise scenes and never seen at any of the local shows.  The car is well maintained and although parked outside (won't fit in the garage), is kept under a cover.

Bummer.

There is a cruise-in every night from Mon-Sat. One or two shows every Sat and Sun... so you're right about seeing the same cars. As I said, the season is short so there's a lot of shows going on all over the region. If you don't mind driving 20, 30 or even 50 miles there are plenty of chances to see some different cars.  I live about 30 miles from the Vermont border, so I go to a couple of real good shows in Bennington and Manchester Vt. Also some good shows in Mass. The Adirondack Nationals in Lake George draws cars from about 7-8 states so this show is a good one to see some different rides. Sometimes it's tough to choose which show you want to go to.

There are many nice cars around here that are just sitting and not being driven often. There's a nice 78 T/A WS6, 4spd Pontiac 400 with 14,000 original miles on it that the owner wont drive or sell.. it just sits. It's his car...he can do with it what he pleases but...
Keith
1981 Trans Am

Offline 79 Trans Am

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 07:55:49 PM »
Nice rides , thanks for sharing !
1979 Trans Am

Offline w72transamowner

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 10:18:51 PM »

There is a cruise-in every night from Mon-Sat. One or two shows every Sat and Sun... so you're right about seeing the same cars. As I said, the season is short so there's a lot of shows going on all over the region. If you don't mind driving 20, 30 or even 50 miles there are plenty of chances to see some different cars.  I live about 30 miles from the Vermont border, so I go to a couple of real good shows in Bennington and Manchester Vt. Also some good shows in Mass. The Adirondack Nationals in Lake George draws cars from about 7-8 states so this show is a good one to see some different rides. Sometimes it's tough to choose which show you want to go to.

There are many nice cars around here that are just sitting and not being driven often. There's a nice 78 T/A WS6, 4spd Pontiac 400 with 14,000 original miles on it that the owner wont drive or sell.. it just sits. It's his car...he can do with it what he pleases but...

Wow, Lake George, that brings back some memories.  I was stationed at Plattsburg AFB for about five years, but no cruise scene up there.  I just got to thinking about a few old pics I have from late 80s, early ninities, of a show I went to in Lake Placid.  I'll have to dig them out and scan them.