Author Topic: AUTHENTIC Smokey and The Bandit Jacket from 1978  (Read 5440 times)

Offline svt_sean

AUTHENTIC Smokey and The Bandit Jacket from 1978
« on: October 26, 2015, 10:17:07 PM »
Opportunity to score an authentic BANDIT jacket. Hey y'all, I was handed down this red Watkins jacket from my grandfather who in fact bought this jacket in '79 at the Pontiac dealership in Van Nuys, CA.

It has been kept in storage ever since.
As a huge smokey fan he gave it to me to keep. I never wore it once because i wanted to keep it from being harmed. Its in immaculate condition.
bright red, gold lettering that say trans am by pontiac and bandit on the other sleeve. The exact jacket Burt wore..

Please tell me what something like this is worth. I really want to keep it but i suppose the right price I can let it go.
I found an "authentic" one on ebay signed for $650. I have no idea if that's the same as mine. Anybody have any knowledge on these. Thank you for your time.

I can send pics at request, text or call me. 818 294 2700

Offline solargold

Re: AUTHENTIC Smokey and The Bandit Jacket from 1978
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 03:37:57 PM »
Heads up, I am the one who contacted you Friday with the offer. Just wanted you to know I was a forum member in case you wondered where I found your number. You probably knew that already though. Please let me know as I am a buyer.
L8R G8R

Offline solargold

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 10:01:43 PM »
Bought from this member and paid Monday. 7 hours after payment listed on eBay to resale. Told me he would remove the listing but did not. After hitting reserve text me to say they would not honor my purchase and that I would have to buybitvfrom eBay. Not an honorable member.
L8R G8R

Offline cmk-2

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 07:56:25 PM »
Wow that's dirty!

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 12:06:54 AM »
Signed up for no other reason than to make a quick buck and leave, should have had his first post deleted.

Offline Mongo

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • THREES A CHARM
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 04:24:18 AM »
He should be banned from returning
"What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law."

Offline solargold

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 04:28:49 PM »
Agreed. Thought he had to have 5 post before listing items for sale? We had extensive text and he seemed like a good guy but according to him his dad is the one who pulled the rug out from under me. Jacket sold on ebay for $1900 plus. He originally sold it to me for $600 plus shipping/fees. I didn't have a clue what it would sell for as I haven't seen one for sale in years. The last I saw to sell on ebay went for $500 with a Stunts Unlimited belt buckle. Apparently $600 was a great buy for me but I wouldn't have paid $2K either. I bid it up to $1500 hoping to buy it again just for the pleasure of leaving bad feedback. But any more money than that was counter productive for me.

I did manage to buy from ebay one of the Celebrity Authentic's reproduction jackets signed by Burt Reynolds for under $350 shipped. They retail them for $650.  Not exactly what I wanted but for the savings will make a for a nice display with my car.
L8R G8R