Author Topic: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!  (Read 692014 times)

Offline miketransamkid

Re: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!
« Reply #570 on: June 27, 2007, 12:24:34 PM »
Well my name is Mike. I'm from Chicago (northewest burbs) Yellow 79 T/A bought in my senior year of highschool ('02) I have recently went through engine and trans. 403/ auto with 3.42 rear gears. And nothing wrong with 80's music esp Sammy Hagar's Highway Wonderland!

here are a few pics.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 12:27:39 PM by miketransamkid »

Offline Gattzu

« Reply #571 on: June 27, 2007, 01:14:58 PM »
I'll introduce myself as well as I've been here a while but haven't really done anything formal.
Nicholas Getchell
I live in Raymond Maine, 24 years old, have my 79 Trans Am (Pro-street) I wanted something different.
I got my TA 6 years ago around my 18th birthday, I drove it for 2 years then decided I wanted to change it a bit. A bit has turned into a 4 year custom fab of nearly the whole car at this point. It started out with a 70 or 71 Pontiac 400/auto when I got it we ran the numbers and it was a 301 car, Black exterior, tan interior, pw T-tops, a couple other things here and there.
Now I have my olds 455, (with my alt on the wrong side :P) the motor was given to my by my father so it means a great deal to me. An 8 point cage, racing seats and harness, th350 tranny, Dana 60 rear-end with ladder bars, and coil-overs, coil over front suspension upgrade, just got my new 4" cowl hood, Pro-star Rims, with BFG Goody rubber all the way around, I still have my snowflakes though, the front end has been changed to the 78 style nose, it has T-tops, custom Auto Meter gauges, Interior has been changed to all black although still not done, Wilwood disk brakes in the rear, and soon the front as well, and my custom miny tub that I fabricated myself. I also have my sidepipes which make me smile every time I look at them.
All the work to the car has been preformed by me, my father, or another family member. Exceptions are machine work to the engine, and the front fenders, which we didn't really have the knowledge to finish 100% our selves. It's become a great experience for me and my family and has brought my father and I closer together over the years. I will most likely forever hold onto the car as the sentimental value is far beyond anything that I could imagine.

P.S. Thanks for having a great site Hitman, and everyone else who has commented and given advice. It is greatly appreciated and I look forward to someday meeting a couple of the enthusiasts here. 8)

« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 08:34:58 PM by Gattzu »

Offline LOMILETA

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #572 on: June 27, 2007, 01:31:23 PM »
Nice ride and good to have you back. Welcome to all who have entered since my last appearance. As far as the music you GOTTA crank the 80's tunes to the max. My TA doesnt even have speakers in it yet, but by the NATS it will Jam.
1978 TA-462 ci Buick (just sold)
1980 Turbo Formula
1995 Grand Prix
2002 TA convertible

Offline miketransamkid

« Reply #573 on: June 27, 2007, 02:08:15 PM »
good god man what size are those rear meats?

Offline Gattzu

« Reply #574 on: June 27, 2007, 03:08:20 PM »
345/55 R15 About 30 inches tall,  and 15 inches wide. :)

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #575 on: June 27, 2007, 05:53:55 PM »
We've talked before Gattzu on the forums but certainly, we can welcome you "officially"  hehehehe.  Welcome to the site.  I remember your car from another thread and talking about those monster rear tires!  Those are crazy!
Rich

Offline 784mula

• Ohio Firebirds
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/784MULA
« Reply #576 on: June 28, 2007, 09:34:58 PM »
I'll introduce myself as well as I've been here a while but haven't really done anything formal.
Nicholas Getchell
I live in Raymond Maine, 24 years old, have my 79 Trans Am (Pro-street) I wanted something different.
I got my TA 6 years ago around my 18th birthday, I drove it for 2 years then decided I wanted to change it a bit. A bit has turned into a 4 year custom fab of nearly the whole car at this point. It started out with a 70 or 71 Pontiac 400/auto when I got it we ran the numbers and it was a 301 car, Black exterior, tan interior, pw T-tops, a couple other things here and there.
Now I have my olds 455, (with my alt on the wrong side :P) the motor was given to my by my father so it means a great deal to me. An 8 point cage, racing seats and harness, th350 tranny, Dana 60 rear-end with ladder bars, and coil-overs, coil over front suspension upgrade, just got my new 4" cowl hood, Pro-star Rims, with BFG Goody rubber all the way around, I still have my snowflakes though, the front end has been changed to the 78 style nose, it has T-tops, custom Auto Meter gauges, Interior has been changed to all black although still not done, Wilwood disk brakes in the rear, and soon the front as well, and my custom miny tub that I fabricated myself. I also have my sidepipes which make me smile every time I look at them.
All the work to the car has been preformed by me, my father, or another family member. Exceptions are machine work to the engine, and the front fenders, which we didn't really have the knowledge to finish 100% our selves. It's become a great experience for me and my family and has brought my father and I closer together over the years. I will most likely forever hold onto the car as the sentimental value is far beyond anything that I could imagine.

P.S. Thanks for having a great site Hitman, and everyone else who has commented and given advice. It is greatly appreciated and I look forward to someday meeting a couple of the enthusiasts here. 8)

Well said Nick. You will definately cherish these moments with your family.

1978 FORMULA 1st place 2007 TA NATS Stk Class
1977 FORMULA (Gone but not forgotten)

Offline Pro71bird

« Reply #577 on: July 10, 2007, 12:29:22 AM »
Nicholas Getchell

Welcome.......nice to see another Prostreet Bird in the House!

George
1971 455 Firebird

Offline ta collector

« Reply #578 on: July 11, 2007, 05:55:10 PM »
mike from north iowa i have four birds a 67 firebird a TATA an 88 GTA and an 02 collector edition love going to car shows and talking about all kinds of cars but especally firebirds and trans ams of course
1967 firebird
1976 Trans Am 50th Anniversary
1979 TATA
1991 Trans Am GTA
2002 Trans Am Collector Edition #1358
2008 G8 GT
1972 Chevy C/10

Offline 784mula

• Ohio Firebirds
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/784MULA
« Reply #579 on: July 11, 2007, 08:07:31 PM »
Hi Mike & welcome. Post some pics when you get a chance.

1978 FORMULA 1st place 2007 TA NATS Stk Class
1977 FORMULA (Gone but not forgotten)

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #580 on: July 11, 2007, 09:33:50 PM »
Hey Mike from north Iowa, glad to have you aboard at 78ta.com.  Post up some pics of those poncho's, we'd love to see them!!
Rich

Offline ta collector

« Reply #581 on: July 11, 2007, 09:38:40 PM »
here yea go

1967 firebird
1979 TATA
1991 Trans Am GTA
2008 G8 GT
1972 Chevy C/10

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #582 on: July 11, 2007, 09:45:19 PM »
I've seen your cars before, you post over at TAC?
Rich

Offline ta collector

« Reply #583 on: July 11, 2007, 09:46:54 PM »
yes just never been on this site so decided to join
1967 firebird
1979 TATA
1991 Trans Am GTA
2008 G8 GT
1972 Chevy C/10

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #584 on: July 11, 2007, 09:47:59 PM »
After you posted and I saw the car I did a double take on your screen name.  Well, welcome to the site, it's a great site.
Rich