Author Topic: anyone on here got a yamaha banshee??  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Balz

anyone on here got a yamaha banshee??
« on: January 22, 2010, 10:20:53 AM »
hey guys, i was just wondering if anyone has a banshee on here? and do you like it? what is always going wrong with them? i think i have a line on a 90 banshee with new carbs, a jet kit, k&n filters, and fmf power core 2 pipes...i always  wanted a banshee for the twin cylider 2 stroke dual exaust thing but never have had one, so i was just wondering about any good or bad reports on them,i realize that 2 stroke are much different than 4 strokes but dont know much about keeping them running and i dont want to have a dead wheeler more than i have a running one....thanks for any info or comments....THANKS!! 8)
If you obey all the rules, you'll miss all the fun!!!

1997 Dodge ram 1500 SS/T- 5.9 liter- 1 of 3711

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
Re: anyone on here got a yamaha banshee??
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 10:45:47 AM »
All i know is the banshee kinda got a bad rep for the added weight of the twin cylinder, but i have been told they rip
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline coreyvett

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 01:26:20 AM »
the banshee is a wicked machine. its just like all the other 2 strokes, you need to rebuild them every couple years but you can rebuild one alot cheaper than a four stroke. when i was younger, if you had a 4 stroke you were a sissy but the 4 strokes have come along long way. It would all depend on how you ride. the last newer quad i rode was a 05ish honda 450R. Ill tell ya i got on that thing with old school attitude thinkn a 4 stroke wasnt crap and that quad bout scared da crap outa me. felt lite, balanced nice, and i was told that they are supposed to run 100 mph off the show room, but you still cant beat the way a banshee takes off like a rocket and the sweet sound of the pipes. Another plus about the banshee is there are hundreds of parts out there for them and you could build one anyway you want and at a lot cheaper price than most. I think yamars have allways had the best 2 strokers.if you get it i would recomend useing ( if i can spell it rite) klots 2 stroke oil. It cost a bit but its really good oil. the down fall to it is it smells like rotten eggs.
1981 formula
1950 dodge wayferer
1953 plymouth cranbrook
2000 silverado
1993 springer
1927 dodge brothers
1967 lemans

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 07:42:03 AM »
I use to use somethin like benoil that stuff worked great and smelled delicious
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)