Author Topic: 1976 455 4 speed back up lights  (Read 1146 times)

Offline rbolte10

1976 455 4 speed back up lights
« on: July 06, 2017, 04:37:04 PM »
So trying to get my car back on the road.  It is a R-title car so have to go through a enhanced inspection. And I am trying to figure out these backup lights.  I know there was a linkage there but now its not due to the headers I put in.  I bought a switch to mount to the Hurst shifter I just don't know what and or where to get the wires from too hook to the switch.

Also I purchased a msd ignition and having little issues with my tach not working now.  Any help would be great, I love this car to much to give up on it!!

Offline NOT A TA

Re: 1976 455 4 speed back up lights
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 12:15:56 PM »
Should be able to run the stock Tach off the MSD box tach terminal if you've got a common 6 box.

The reverse switch is near the firewall on the steering column itself and looks similar to the one in pic below. One set of terminals is for the neutral safety switch for the starter circuit and one is for the reverse lights. If you unplug the reverse wires and make extensions for them to reach your new shifter switch that should work. I seem to be one of the few who's photobucket pics still 3rd party host so it may not stay up long.

John Paige

Dear Not A TA,
This is Tin Indian's wife. Would you please stop posting pictures of your car? Especially ones with er, ummm, sidepipes. I'm dizzy already and have to get up early in the morning.  :-X