Author Topic: Rod Tracker  (Read 1229 times)

Offline '78 LadyBird

• Adv. Member
Rod Tracker
« on: January 29, 2010, 04:23:47 PM »
Anyone have that?  Let me know if you or someone you know that has this.

For the same price of the Viper, I think I am going to go with this instead.
Click on features and pricing tab.

www.rodtracker.com

« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 04:26:02 PM by CYA »
Proud owner of
1978 Silver TA WS6/W72
1984 Firebird S/E
2000 Firehawk, #696
1954 Ford Skyliner

New Pictures added...
LINK TO OUR GALLERY
http://www.78ta.com/gallery2/main.php/v/See+Ya/

Heidi

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
Re: Rod Tracker
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 11:26:14 PM »
I don't have one and don't know of anyone who does -- but in today's world, that's far from an indictment (given the sheer volume of innovations around).

I guess the only question I'd have is whether or not the system works if somebody winches the car up inside an enclosed trailer.  My GPS units (I have 2) require a clear view of the sky and won't work inside any enclosure that provides much shielding.

What happens if the GPS part doesn't recieve when you "ping" it?  Does it report the last position *known* or does it give an indication that it's not reading anything?  I assume that it uses cell phone technology to communicate, so it's "reachable" anywhere a cell phone would work.

Overall it's a good concept, and it's certainly much better than nothing.  No system is fool-proof, but those are a couple of questions that jump out at me looking at their website.

Offline jphillips3333

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 08:44:28 PM »
They've GPS systems that are small enough to dump into kid's backpacks, monitor cheating spouses, slap a magnetic one onto a car frame and a myriad of other options.  Some require a monthly service to monitor down to like 10 second intervals.  It's all about how much you want to pay.  Isn't LoJack the industry standard for cars?
John

1 of 1107                     1 of 37,015                    1 of 1817

Offline Kevin

• Adv. Member
  • Kevin
    • www.78ta.com
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 06:11:29 PM »
Yeah I'd get lojack if I were to do this but then again this system seems really cool too.
1978 Pontiac Firebird Formula