Author Topic: Changing the "look and layout" preferences on this site  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Grand73Am

• Adv. Member
Changing the "look and layout" preferences on this site
« on: July 20, 2011, 09:26:45 AM »
This forum's gray and dark gray "look and layout" colors make it difficult to read the text. I often have to highlight the text to be able to see it. So, I was looking at the "look and layout" options in my profile, hoping to change to a different color format. So, I selected the black/white option and clicked change profile, but nothing changes. I also tried the "pinkdream" theme, and it does change, but it's messed up. Is there another way to get a different color layout? 
Steve F.

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
Re: Changing the "look and layout" preferences on this site
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 12:28:34 PM »
Funny as I have a damaged right eye and had to get a corneal transplant. I have light sensitivity issues and the black back ground is awesome for me , almost like I was meant to be at this site .  
I have never noticed any issues reading text with what remaining vision I have  

Personally I think  you have issues with your monitor

Offline Grand73Am

• Adv. Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 02:24:42 PM »
No...it wasn't the monitor.... I see now that I already had it on the selection that is called "black and white". It's the one that's hard to see. I thought that I had been using the default theme, because the picture next to the "black and white" theme choice doesn't look anything like what you actually get with the black and white theme. The black and white theme is actually dark gray and light gray with black text, not black and white. I thought black and white would look like the picture, so I was trying to switch to it, but it wouldn't change since I was already on it.

In case you haven't seen it, the "black and white" theme has reply lines in the thread that alternate between a light gray background and a dark gray background, with black text. The black text doesn't show up that well against either background and is particularly bad when you have a reply line that has the dark gray background, since you can hardly see the black text against it at all. I see now why only 26 people are using the "black and white" theme, and over 5000 are using the default theme.

You're right...the default, or BlackDay theme, with the white text against the dark background is easy to see, and I'm on it now. I've been suffering needlessly  ::)  :) .

Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:50:11 AM by Grand73Am »
Steve F.

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 12:47:20 AM »
Ok I wasn't aware there was another theme . Glad you got it resolved