Author Topic: Diecast cars  (Read 11594 times)

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
Re: Diecast cars
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 12:22:06 AM »
Ok, just the way the door is it looks like it would be a outside wall.
Born and Raised in South Detroit Bitches

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 12:26:05 AM »
You could build a self trimming cabinet that slips rite in to an opening, I just did something like that in my bath.

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2012, 01:41:48 AM »
You could build a self trimming cabinet that slips rite in to an opening, I just did something like that in my bath.
Ya I thought about that too. Thinking about not cutting studs but making the display divide at those points . May be kind of tacky  ,not sure if I'm going to go threw with it . Thought it would look kinda cool though if your into that sorta thing

Offline oldskoolubr

• Adv. Member
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2012, 04:24:46 AM »
LOVE the concept I just don't think the location is practical or pleasing to the eye.  Do some more photo shopping.  Maybe 2 smaller separate display cases kinda like Sconces at each end or another wall??  I used to do custom aquariums and know alot about placement and fitting in displays in small spaces.  Another Idea would be to back it up to a Wall and make it flush and only accessible from the Back.  Possibly a Hall or Closet. Just a thought?

Offline N PRGRES

• Adv. Member
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2012, 07:03:45 AM »
At least in the states, built in cabinets are bad for resale so if you ever sell plan on covering it back up.  I had one in my house and I covered most of it and use two shelves for home theatre stuff. 
Dave
_______
1981 Trans Am - Refresh in progress

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2012, 11:35:19 AM »
Thanks for the input guys . I don't think it will help resale that's for sure and the placement isn't exactly where I wanted it but there are not allot of choices ,well to countersunk into the wall anyways . A custom cabinet flush mounted would provide more options for sure , plus could easily be removed if that day ever came

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2012, 05:24:10 PM »
Ok maybe its go back to plan A ,make the biggest bird I can cut and engrave on plexi with the laser ,which is 600mm by 900mm ,aprox 23.5"  by 35.5 "
thought it might be cool framing it and staining the frame black and hiding the led strip in the frame  . This was shopped  rather quickly and shoud  look far better than this  ,but gives you an idea
I have the other side of the wall open so I can plumb the wires

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 05:41:04 PM by RainMan »

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2012, 05:29:56 PM »
One thing to remember, our houses arn't worth sh*t, so who cares.

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2012, 05:36:52 PM »
One thing to remember, our houses arn't worth sh*t, so who cares.
yes thats very true

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2012, 12:08:06 AM »
I  have a better idea yet in my head now lol . The perimeter of the plexi looks very sharp when it's lit , so I think I will only have a frame on the bottom where the led strip will be located and then have the rest exposed .
I am going to buy some plexi rod and cut it and use the pieces for standoffs to mount the plexi sheet to the wall.
 I think this is going to rock!

Btw I am using a 3 color strip with a controller that turns all  different colors in the spectrum .kinda neat to watch

Heres a shop of what it may be like .I'm not going to have TransAm on it though ,just the bird I think

Offline Justin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2012, 02:01:37 AM »
Nice collection. What does the yellow vette look like. I might have the same one.
Justin
1978 Trans Am W72
1978 Trans Am W72 WS6 Marty
1979 Trans Am WS6 403

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2012, 02:13:41 AM »
Nice collection. What does the yellow vette look like. I might have the same one.
The vetts a little disappointing as it is kind of a dull yellow. . Canary yellow would have been better . I recently got the 2 turbos and just prior to that a ford gt .I now have a Ferrari Enzo on it's way from Taiwan .
Will post a pic tomorrow

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2012, 02:25:08 PM »
Nice work Burd! I love it as it looks so much cleaner than just flush mounting a Medicine cabinet

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2012, 10:52:32 PM »
The vett actually looks better on camera than in person as its a sort of mustard yeallow . I like the Ford GT yellow far better .The vetts made by Burrago

Offline Justin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 11:45:56 PM »
Very cool though. I have a yellow vette also. It is a ZO6 Millennium Yellow.

Hey Burd,
   Maybe you can take this one to "The Hot Spot". It already has Michigan plates.

Justin
1978 Trans Am W72
1978 Trans Am W72 WS6 Marty
1979 Trans Am WS6 403