Author Topic: Signals  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Rick Fox

Signals
« on: June 03, 2013, 04:42:35 PM »
My signals will not flash on their own if the headlights are on.  They work perfect when the headlights are off. I also noticed when the headlights are on the driver front signal is illuminated while the other is not.  Can someone explain this?  New 1157  bulbs,  have not replaced relay.... incase anyone is wondering.

Offline Hitch

Re: Signals
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 08:36:35 PM »
Re-check the front signal. Make sure the bulb isn't burnt, both filaments good. Clean the socket with some wd40 and toothbrush to get any gunk out of it to ensure you have a good connection.

I had every problem imaginable with my lighting, including the no signals when lights are on, and most problems were fixed by simply cleaning all of the connections. I did have to replace my relay, too, so if you cleaned everything, made sure you have the correct bulbs and installed properly, swap the relay. 

1978 Trans Am WS6, Hurst Tops, black on black

Offline Rick Fox

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 08:49:09 PM »
 Thanks Hitch!

Offline Hitch

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 09:00:16 PM »
After re-reading, you're relay is probably OK if it works w/o lights (not 100% sure). Also check your sockets to make sure they aren't boogered up inside where the bulb makes contact. These things are usually something simple, but overlooked. 
1978 Trans Am WS6, Hurst Tops, black on black

Offline Rick Fox

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 09:05:45 PM »
 I'll check it out.