Author Topic: 1978 Trans am equipment option question  (Read 1748 times)

Offline gearhead68

1978 Trans am equipment option question
« on: July 15, 2015, 10:32:05 AM »
I found this site after recently purchasing the deal of the decade (for me anyway). I received a phone call from a relation asking questions about a 1978 Trans am for sale by a friend. It was sitting in a garage for over 15 years. I really did not have much knowledge about these cars and their options. After he sent me pictures, I purchased it simply because it was all original numbers matching, original paint, low mileage 4 speed car with build sheet and window sticker. Black with hurst T-tops. That was all I knew upon further reading. Checking out the build sheet revealed it was a WS6/W72 car. After finding this website, imagine the excitement when I realized this car had gold wheels, dash, steering wheel, grille and all the emblems! My question is, there is no Y82 on the build sheet. Could these cars have been ordered with all the gold appointments? If not, was it a popular thing to do before 1999 to change all those parts to make it look like a special edition?
Thanks for any info.

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
Re: 1978 Trans am equipment option question
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 07:40:00 PM »
Very popular to do to every firebird since new.

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 08:12:35 PM »
Common making a reg T/A into a DH Car. 
Born and Raised in South Detroit Bitches

Offline gearhead68

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 12:02:08 AM »

--------------------------------
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:29:33 AM by gearhead68 »

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 07:07:05 AM »
Why do anything at all, leave it as is. Nice looking car with some great options, enjoy it.

Annoys me when you spend money on PHS to confirm a few details and they swipe highlighter all over the areas they think you can't possibly find yourself, and often not what you were trying to confirm anyway. Not worth an extra 70 to get a plain sheet sent out to have a clean copy in your records.