Author Topic: Trying to buy rockers lots of questions  (Read 845 times)

Offline 80transamrules

Trying to buy rockers lots of questions
« on: May 22, 2017, 10:01:33 PM »
Im building a Pontiac 350 for my 80 Turbo Formula. Its a rebuilt 69 Block bored 30 over with flat top Hypereutectics, I cant remember but either a Melling SPC 5 or SPC 7 cam, Edelbrock intake, double roller timing chain, rebuilt 76 Q jet, headers, and 094 heads. The heads are my favorite part because Ill have a 350 with actual compression, it should be around 9.5:1. But they kind of have me stuck. I had them fully rebuild and bolted them on the block and realized I never decided what rockers to use. I was considering running full roller rockers off eBay, but I noticed the heads dont have push rod guides like the old set of 46 heads I have laying around. are the holes the push rods pass through enough to support the push rods? If not I have a few sets of stock rocker arms I may just run. Also what length push rods should I run. What size is the stock Pontiac rocker stud. On my previous engine I used stock rocker arms and push rods with nuts that had allen set screws to set my valve lash, and they worked well, but I cant remember the size. Can you guys help me out.