Author Topic: new dash installation  (Read 1060 times)

Offline lc2fast

new dash installation
« on: November 13, 2011, 09:41:16 PM »
Well that is how it started out but as with everything I start it grows larger, had a water leak from heater case so while the dash is out  perfect time to replace the seal, hmm while the case is out might as well put in a new heater core, well then I notice the foam seal on the blend doors are falling apart, also vac line to one of the actuators in the case is falling apart. So after disassembling the case and washing the years of dirt out of it dash still not in car and have to run to town to find some vac hose for the actuator. So hopefully tomorrow the dash will be in and I can work on my power window installation. No small jobs on these cars can always find more to do when you dive in.

Offline 78&89TA

Re: new dash installation
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 11:08:44 PM »
X2 on that , I'm always running into problems , good luck with yours ;)
Jim
1978 T/A
1989 GTA

Offline Grand73Am

• Adv. Member
Re: new dash installation
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 08:27:47 PM »
X3 .....I'll be on day 3 with my heater core replacement, because once I got the case out, it turned into a restoration of the case. I had to take it all apart, clean it up, clean surface rust from the metal parts and paint them. Plus that rear vacuum actuator had a rusty nipple...the same one you had a bad hose on. My hose was also falling apart. Fortunately I have a parts car from which I pulled another heater box, and it has some better parts like another actuator. Tomorrow, I'll have to get some new foam too and new piece of vac hose. So, it's been a pain, but ought to be nice when I'm finished.
Steve F.