Author Topic: Car history report  (Read 7011 times)

MacGyver

Re: Car history report
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2007, 11:30:12 AM »
Would they be able to disclose previous owners' info like that?

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2007, 11:32:15 AM »
I haven't any personal experience but I recall someone mentioning that if you tell them it's for research only, they may be able to help...
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline WarbirdTA

• Adv. Member
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2007, 11:45:14 AM »
Some states can, and will help you.
California won't, unless you have a problem.
I was able to get every other owner of my 1970 Trans Am, only because after the first owner, no one else registered the car.
They filled out the paperwork when selling the car only.
I was the 7th owner of my car, and they gave me a list of all the names and addresses of the other owners, and I had to get signatures of all of them, before I could register my car.
Owner #2 didn't want to sign.
I would have had to get a lawyer to take the whole thing to court, but I found out he worked at the dealership where I had money down on my 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am.
I went in to the dealership, talked to the owner, and he called the guy into the office.
Told him if he didn't sign the paper, he was out of a job, as the owner didn't want to lose a big sale.
Now this was even with the proof that the guy signed off the ownership of the car, he was going to try to get my car for no money.
The guy signed and I got everything done with no problems.
But for a few days, I was a wreck, thinking I just spent 10 grand for someone to take it away from me.
Check with your local state motor vehicle office.

George  8)

Offline SalNat

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2007, 11:47:50 AM »
Solar78 I found this place http://www.abika.com/Reports/VehicleDrivingRecords.htm but I’m still hesitant to use it :-\
1981 Trans Am
2008 BMW 320