Author Topic: 1977 Trans Am for Sale - 400 - 4speed - T tops project  (Read 5247 times)

Offline Zarlor

1977 Trans Am for Sale - 400 - 4speed - T tops project
« on: September 18, 2009, 08:03:42 PM »
$4500 OBO

1977 Trans Am, 400 Pontiac, 4 speed BW T-10, Hurst T-Top Style (American logo), 10-Bolt rear-end. This car has not seen water for well over 20 years now. I have been planning on a complete restoration and have been collecting additonal parts here and there. Included in this auction are two brand new NOS GM rear quarter panels. Please review the pictures at the link below and contact me with any further questions. Thanks for looking.

CLICK LINK DIRECTLY BELOW FOR OVER 150 Pictures.............

"http://picasaweb.google.com/rjlesz/2009718_TransAm?feat=embedwebsite"

FROM PREVIOUS OWNER:

"This auction is for a 1977 Black Trans Am project car. I have owned this car since high school. (1990 ish). It has ALWAYS been stored indoors. This car spent the majority of its time on the road in California and was not driven in the winter since I've owned it. I disassembled it around 92 or so to restore it. At that time I had plans on drag racing it so I purchased components to do so.  keep in mind when you are looking at the pics that everything is dusty from storage. I should have dusted everything off, but I was pinched by time as the weather here has been really rainy lately, and I have been swamped with work.

This car was disassembled completely as the pictures show. I had the frame, underbody and inside sandblasted and primed with epoxy primer. The front subrame was then clearcoated to make it stay clean. I purchased all new steering components and installed them. It has new Tie Rods, ball joints, all polyurethane bushings, New coil springs and shocks, New rear leaf springs with Polyurethane Bushings. It has new Air Bag suspension to go with it so the rear end could be preloaded for torque.

The gas tank is brand new. I took it to a local racing shop and had them install a sump into it so fuel delivery wouldn't be a problem. I then painted it black with POR 15 so that it wouldn't rust, and it would match the rest of the car. The fuel tank straps are new. There are frame connectors bolted in underneath to add to the structure of this fine machine. The body mounts are brand new aluminum, with new hardware. I have a set of rubber body mounts which I can give you if you would like them.

This car has the original 10 bolt rearend in it. It has been blasted and painted gunmetal gray. On the ends of the rear axle sit a pair of Aluminum rims with BF Goodrich Radial TA tires. The tire size is p265/50hr15.

The front tires are BF Goodrich Radial TA size p265/50hr15. All of the wheels and tires are in good shape. The tread is about 80-90 percent.  I will also include the stock 15 x 7 rims the car came with. (black mag wheels)

The transmission is a Borg Warner t-10. This is a good tranny that shifted just fine. I installed a new hurst super shifter on it, which I never have used. That is seen in the pics of the inside.

I have the original engine. This engine ran fine when I took the car apart. It has been stored inside ever since, with the rest of the car. It turns over just fine. This is the original Pontiac 400 TA 6.6. So its the good one, not the oldsmobile engine. It has the original miles on it. But the numbers match the car. I only removed it so I could put in a racing engine.

All of the sheet metal is here. If there was a dented or rusty part, I replaced it. The doors are both complete. The handles have been shaved as I was planning on using remote control solenoids to open and close the doors. The glass is all here, and in good shape. The t-tops are in the original t-top storage sleeves. They are intact and fine. I would replace the seals though.

The front fenders are fine. The hood is in excellent shape as is the deck lid. They need to be sanded and primed, But they have no dents or rust. The front radiator support has been blasted, primed and painted. The inner wheel wells have been sandblasted and primed. All of the bumper supports have been blasted and primed with epoxy primer.  

All of the fiberglass parts are included in the auction. The fiberglass wheel cowlings show their age though, and I would replace them with new.

The interior is not original. This car had white vinyl interior when I bought it. I spent a lot of time finding black interior for her. I had most of the upholstery custom made by a friend of mine who has since passed on. It is all black velour, the door panels have a gray zz top stripe in them with the bird emblem in the stripe. They are rolled and seamed as you can see. I even had him do the plastic in velour as well. They look totally cool.

Now, for the parts which I need to explain. If you look at the pics of the rear quarter, you will see some body work was done. (a repair piece welded on) There is also a small rust hole at the rear wheel well. Unbelievably, the floors have NO holes! We found that when we sandblasted for restoration. I went out after seeing that little rust spot and purchased a brand new pair of gm rear quarters. I figured i would just replace the whole quarter panel on account of that. I have since concluded that it would not be worth it for such a tiny repair.   Also, if you look at the pictures you might catch a glimpse of an engine sitting in the frame. I will DEFINITELY include the original engine with this car. All of the parts to assemble this car are being included. I have worked on this car with the intention to keep it forever. I didn't cut any corners with it. I've invested over 12 k in this thing. You will be very happy with the condition when you see it. I am a fanatic when it comes to quality, so I don't think you will be disappointed. I have been through some big changes in my life and finally decided it's time to part with this beautiful car. I hope someone finishes her and sends me some pictures. "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Aug-18-09 at 06:45:12 PDT, seller added the following information:

ADDED MORE PICTURES.................

Orignal bill of sale

Delivery acknowledgement

Original manuals

Hurst t-ops in original storage bags.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 02:36:02 PM by Zarlor »

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
Re: 1977 Trans Am for Sale - 400 - 4speed - T tops project
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 08:10:19 PM »
Asking price?

Location?

Are the t-tops Hurst or American? (the description is kind of confusing on that point)
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline ScottD3

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 09:53:50 PM »
I am intrested what are you asking and where are you located.

Offline rserrano45transam

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 04:35:28 PM »
u still got this  ?? iam VERY VERY interested