Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 397610 times)

Offline Seaglass

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #1560 on: July 29, 2014, 12:55:08 PM »
For those who are interested. I called Susan Davis from the Consumer Protection Division this morning  I did not receive a call back but I did receive this email it has to do with our money, her email read as follows... There was only $2000 in the five bank accounts that were seized for Robert McElreath DBA Bandit. once all the financial paperwork, taxes, and other fees to distribute the money would be paid, and since there are 80 consumers there would be maybe $15 a piece the money is being placed into a Consumer Education Fund instead of distributed. We were hoping to find more money than this, but Bob emptied out the five accounts before he took off on the run. All involved parties are barred from operating or participating in a business like this in the state of North Carolina for life. So the next question is "Is this case closed?"  ::)

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #1561 on: July 29, 2014, 04:03:19 PM »
I'd sue the state of North Carolina. Let it go to the supreme court. Maybe the state will be found at fault for not moving quicker

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1562 on: August 01, 2014, 09:37:35 AM »
"All involved parties" means nothing except for Bob, who's ignored any law he wants.  The other parties aren't named, so how will that be enforced?  It won't.  Also, only 49 victims were named in the lawsuit.  I have a list of 110.  I wonder if their extra 31 victims are on my list or are they new victims.  These authorities suck!  I've often wondered if we could sue the DMV, police, and any other agency for failing to act.  Both the DMV and police have admitted to watching them for 3 years before they did anything.  It's so nice of Davis to communicate how they donated money meant to go to us.  Did they bother to investigate Erica's accounts?  She was on the majority of the accounts. Or Bob's mother's accounts? Bob bragged that he bought stuff in her name in an e-mail.    So far, they haven't touched anyone, not even Bob, since they say they can't find him. 

Thanks for the update Seaglass.

Offline Seaglass

« Reply #1563 on: August 01, 2014, 02:27:50 PM »
You're welcome, I just wish it was better news.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1564 on: August 01, 2014, 04:56:34 PM »
Maybe it is better news, Seaglass.  Because of your e-mail, Detective Davis and Susan Davis both responded to my e-mail in record time.  I sent out my own bulk e-mail to 74 people - all the victims I have addresses for, all the agencies I have addresses for, and Kim King, the only reporter that's taken the time to do a little in depth reporting on this.  I think seeing 74 addresses help get their fingers to the keyboard.  Det. Davis passed the buck - again.  At least he responded and was civil.  Usually he either ignores inquiries or is pretty rude.  He stated that the District Attorney decides who to go after.  Erica might be charged later.  The Secret Service are aiding in the search for Bob.  He said that no federal agency would accept the investigation. If that's true, which it seems to be since they haven't done a thing, what are they waiting for?
Susan Davis simply stated that she "forwarded the questions to attorney."   What attorney?  I have no idea.  At least they woke up a little.

I like that one of the victims included the authorities when he suggested a group lawsuit against the state of North Carolina.  Did they really think we'd appreciate such pathetic action taken so late in the game and then the little money found given away?

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #1565 on: August 01, 2014, 05:38:26 PM »
I would think you all should start a PR attack on the state.

Get a youtube video put together. Maybe have a clip from every victim and then flash them in the video saying how your local government has don little to nothing. After that contact your local state representatives and send them a link to the video. Show the emails of the cops and DA to show their incompetence. Call the Governor's office, and your US congressman. If everyone does it at the same time and is persistent over a couple weeks time I bet you'll get some answers. Contact national TV and see if they'll pick it up. If you guys get enough hits on youtube it's bound to get national attention

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1566 on: August 01, 2014, 06:28:16 PM »
Given away?.....More like hijacked!!!!!!!

Offline Seaglass

« Reply #1567 on: August 06, 2014, 03:46:43 PM »
Thanks tawidow for the emails and your phone conversations with the AG office.  :)

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1568 on: September 16, 2014, 03:43:40 PM »
For those of you that are interested, The state of North Carolina has sent out a letter to all BAB victims of record stateing that there is 2,054.67 up for grabs. If you still would like to be concidered for a "REFUND" please fill out the form and send it in by November 1,2014.

2,054.67 divided by 80 victims..........

At least they decided to disburse the money and not keep it.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1569 on: October 07, 2014, 11:51:18 AM »
From Detective Davis this morning:

To all,

If you have not been made aware McElreath has been arrested in Nevada under an assumed name. He will most likely stand trial there first and may serve time before being extradited back to NC. He is charged with first degree burglary and several other charges in Nevada.

Flounder was told that the alias was Douglas Reynolds.  I can't find any information on it yet, so if anyone else does, please post.  I'm hoping that Erica was his accomplice for this too and that he'll roll on all the accomplices from Build a Bandit.  Anyone else making a trip to the courtroom for sentencing?

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #1570 on: October 07, 2014, 11:59:08 AM »
Well I can say that at least you guys know he wasn't living the high life with your money. He probably squandered it immediately.  I know it still sucks but it's better than him living the good life.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1571 on: October 07, 2014, 12:29:23 PM »
Here it is.  Sad thing is, they had this jerk back in July.  http://www.bustedinreno.com/locations/nevada/washoe-county/26666867

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1572 on: October 08, 2014, 08:58:37 PM »

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #1573 on: October 08, 2014, 10:25:14 PM »
Well Flounder and TAwidow,

I want to say I feel for you guys for going through this. You guys did an excellent job keeping this going and seeing it through to the end. I know it's not all the way over yet but it's a milestone to have Bob in jail.

Congrats to you guys, he may have never seen a jail cell if it wasn't for you and the others persistence in this matter. 

Looking forward to seeing how much time he gets for robbing all of you.

Offline NOT A TA

« Reply #1574 on: October 10, 2014, 09:19:19 AM »
Good to see he's been caught.
John Paige

Dear Not A TA,
This is Tin Indian's wife. Would you please stop posting pictures of your car? Especially ones with er, ummm, sidepipes. I'm dizzy already and have to get up early in the morning.  :-X