Author Topic: Decals just won't stick  (Read 26022 times)

Offline gilbertsta

• "Live Like You Are Dying"
Re: Decals just won't stick
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2012, 03:36:05 PM »
I purchased my decals from "PG" from this website. It was a simple no brainer operation. The decals have been on my car for at least 2years now. No problems....no complaints. Shipped fast. I would recommend them. "Hitman" helped me with the correct color of decals for my car.

Offline N PRGRES

• Adv. Member
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2012, 08:36:26 PM »
Stencils and stripes has much better customer service. I have still yet to see my replacement decals from PG, go with who ya want, just my two cents
Dave
_______
1981 Trans Am - Refresh in progress

Offline PhoenixGraphix

• www.phoenixgraphix.com
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 06:20:20 PM »
I apologize for the delay.  I'm not sure what the hold up is, but would like to make sure that you're at least somewhat satisfied with this transaction.  Unfortunately I can't locate your file for without having more information.  Please call 800.941.4550 and ask for Nathan.  Thank you.

Offline norwood

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 08:48:40 PM »
Six weeks and still no decals?????????????
OUR DAY IS COMING SOON

Offline SC79TransAm

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 11:51:04 PM »
air brush time!!! but serously anyone heard that the factory at one time did the graphics under the clear?  its why some of them leach into the metal and it leaves a ghost ettch like mine did?

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 11:56:33 PM »
Factory used single stage paint...not base/clear
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline SC79TransAm

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2012, 12:09:31 AM »
Factory used single stage paint...not base/clear
guess u cant believe everything u read

Offline 4SPEED

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • NFTAC & POCI Member
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2012, 07:36:19 AM »
sorry but you guys just are not putting them on right or something...

I know the sail panel birds I think are some old stock , cause the last few kits Ive had  had the sail bird with the paper backer.   unless they come that way.     but I have not seen any problems with the few kits ive seen or helped put on. 

when you use wax/greese remover ,  are you wipping it off with a clean cloth as soon as you wipe the remover on.  kinda like wax on wax off.     you got to wipe it off before it evaporates . 

you may have toooooooo much wax in the clear.  you might need to 3000 it and power polish the area then put the decal on.   its ok to put decals over polish.  (not wax) 
77 W72 TransAM  (SOLD)
79 TransAM 4SPEED

Offline N PRGRES

• Adv. Member
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2012, 07:50:38 AM »
sorry but you guys just are not putting them on right or something...

I know the sail panel birds I think are some old stock , cause the last few kits Ive had  had the sail bird with the paper backer.   unless they come that way.     but I have not seen any problems with the few kits ive seen or helped put on. 

when you use wax/greese remover ,  are you wipping it off with a clean cloth as soon as you wipe the remover on.  kinda like wax on wax off.     you got to wipe it off before it evaporates . 

you may have toooooooo much wax in the clear.  you might need to 3000 it and power polish the area then put the decal on.   its ok to put decals over polish.  (not wax) 
No disrespect Doug but I have put on quite a few stickers/decals, the car was clean, its not that they wouldn't stick to the car more than they would not release from the backing paper.  Funny that the ones from S and S adhered just fine.  If you have good luck with PG then by all means continue to use them, I am just stating the issues I have had is all.
Dave
_______

Offline N PRGRES

• Adv. Member
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2012, 05:37:02 PM »
Nathan at PG contacted me and is sending me the new graphics.  I explained to him and he made it right, so thats a good thing.   New sail birds are on the way
Dave
_______

Offline SC79TransAm

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2012, 06:20:29 AM »
sounds like good business....I  will use them when it comes time to get wifes birds done.

Offline norwood

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2012, 07:53:00 AM »
sounds like good business....I  will use them when it comes time to get wifes birds done.

Good Bussiness?...Really, did you read the thread?  THe original call for help went out March 14, take a look at the calander. In my eyes maybe not so good.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 07:55:32 AM by norwood »
OUR DAY IS COMING SOON

Offline SC79TransAm

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2012, 12:14:10 PM »
well considering they are part of this community, they took care of the problem and they didn't charge seems like decent business at least..... I have no loyalty to any sticker places, I was just stating my opinion, I believe that is the point of a forum?

Offline N PRGRES

• Adv. Member
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2012, 01:14:57 PM »
It took awhile but they made it right, as long as I get the stickers I'll be happy.  Part of the issue was they wanted me to call them if I didn't get the stickers they supposedly sent, I got tired of getting attitude on the phone so I gave up and didn't call.  So at least now this issue is resolved.
Dave
_______

Offline norwood

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2012, 04:56:20 AM »
well considering they are part of this community, they took care of the problem and they didn't charge seems like decent business at least..... I have no loyalty to any sticker places, I was just stating my opinion, I believe that is the point of a forum?

Just questioning that 2 months with attitude is" decent" business as is your opinion.  You think it is and I think maybe not and that is a little surprising to me that anyone thinks that is "decent". Just stating MY OPINION.  Maybe its just me who thinks that after I spend my money on a product that the guy who took my money should stand behind  that product and provide me with the service for the paid for product in a timely and professional manner.  A consumer should not need to post in a public forum in order to get service, it should just happen.   But that is just me
OUR DAY IS COMING SOON