Author Topic: What's my T/A Worth?  (Read 1450 times)

Offline NWW-79 T/A

• Adv. Member
  • 16 Year Old T/A Owner
What's my T/A Worth?
« on: October 04, 2012, 05:16:35 PM »
1979 Trans Am with a 250hp YS code Pontiac 400 engine and matching transmission. I'm sure you've seen it on here before. All new spark plugs, wires, valve covers, a whole new interior, new nose emblem, body molding, spoiler welting, grilles, turn signal lights. Would only need assembled and new tires to be a driver. Body is ok. 90% rust free. Needs a patch on the driver's rear quarter. Trunk and floors super solid. Paint isn't awful but not good either. Nose piece is cracked. Comes with a set of JJ code 15x7 rally rims. I'm in this about $4k. Think I could get $3000 for it? This hobby is starting to get too much for me.
Romney/Ryan 2012

-1979 Solar Gold Trans Am in Restoration-

Offline Dark T/A

Re: What's my T/A Worth?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 06:56:12 PM »
Why not finish it and at least drive it so you can understand what these cars are and what make them awesome? It doesn't need to be a trailer queen to enjoy. I use to drive mine when it was multi colored.. faded blue, white front end, gold fender. I have been out of the hobby for some time to even guess at an amount of what your bird is worth. Good luck
-Rick

Offline T/A Addict

Re: What's my T/A Worth?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 08:09:18 PM »
Yea I would give 3k for it if it was close. I think you should be able to get that amount.
Jeff
2016 Victory Cross Country
2010 PCP Dodge Challenger
79 TATA
79 T/A Auto Solar Gold
69 Firebird