Author Topic: My 78 Y88  (Read 4767 times)

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
Re: My 78 Y88
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 10:46:54 AM »
I have 2 other shiny vehicles, not to say The TA isn't shiny, but If and when I paint mine, then I would drive it less than I do now, worried about chips and all that, do the Interior, that's what you see when you drive it, at least you don't have lombardy to hunt for like I had to do, $$$$!  I don't have the y88 stripes on mine, I never liked all that tape, if I got mine painted, I would struggle w/ putting the chicken back on, you got a great survivor, enjoy it.
Born and Raised in South Detroit Bitches

Offline gserdenk

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 04:58:30 PM »
Recommendation. If the car is a survivor leave it alone or put original parts on it. No dash cap, find a Camel Dash. It will take forever, I know because I have not found 1 yet and its been 6months.

Redo the seats but keep the originals. There are guys out there that will pay more for an original.

Paint and stripes cost a lot don't do it unless you have to. $8-$10k seems like a fair price but if you can wait out the economy it will be worth more.
George

1978 TA-Solargold T-top 400/4spd
1972 Corvette Cov 454BB

Offline ShakerBreaker

• Adv. Member
  • All Hail Phil Anselmo
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 09:39:16 AM »
Sir,

I'm a big fan of the Y88's.  I wouldn't do anything to your car except order some new seat covers. That dash appears to have some standard cracks. They don't appear to be blistered where the foam is exposed and working itself free.

I would leave it a survivor, keep it in a garage and drive it like you do.

If your Y88 was w72, 4-speed, with A/C delete, no power windows or locks------ your car would be my dream Y88.

If it was mine--- I would leave it alone -except for some seat cover replacement.

Very nice Y88 you have.  Very Nice!!!!!!!!!!
-check out DOWN-NOLA.com

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 10:27:19 AM »
New seat covers, and a dash cover in camel, it's like thin carpet, I have one on my y88 to keep off the sun, any car can be painted, It's only orig once!
Born and Raised in South Detroit Bitches