Author Topic: 79 trans am t top SHOULD I BUY this?  (Read 6453 times)

Offline buckeyebird

Re: 79 trans am t top SHOULD I BUY this?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 09:58:45 PM »
hello all, new to the forum but really enjoying all this firebird fellowship. i wish i knew of hitman's forum years ago when i would go on a search for a new bird,  so much valuable knowledge and experience for free from everyone on here , thank you.  my advice is no matter how good an F body looks, first thing you wanna do is crawl underneath the back end and check the metal panel under the trunk directly behind the gas tank. if this is rusted out your gonna be replacing the trunkpan, leafspring perches, floorpans etc. And as someone else pointed out, a T-top car in this condition is going to be full of cancer under the carpet. I've learned if you spend a little more now, youll be able to drive and enjoy NOW and she wont be in your garage making you cuss and bust yourknuckles.

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
Re: 79 trans am t top SHOULD I BUY this?
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 02:00:29 AM »
i think im gonna just pass on it i sat down and added up how much i could possiibly spend restoring + how much i would spend just buying the car it might be a bit much for me

i was going to suggest that very thing, once you start adding everything up it really gets fun
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff