Author Topic: I bought a 77 special edition last year...  (Read 3436 times)

Offline wedge

I bought a 77 special edition last year...
« on: June 29, 2006, 06:57:49 PM »
and I recently went to look for the cowl plate, and noticed that it is gone!  Is this a bad thing?  I'm starting to think that maybe this isn't a special edition.  It has all the symtoms though!

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 09:48:30 PM »
It's not a good thing.  But you can verify if you can find the build sheet under the carpet or behind the back seat.  Or pay PHS for the documentation.

Offline evilways

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 12:08:38 AM »
could be a clone...I agree with the PHS documentation, it'll save you a few nights sleep. If you were sold a car under false pretenses, you may want to check local laws on the subject and hire a lawyer, esp. if you paid SE prices for a base bird with stickers.Good luck!
peed limits....they're just suggesstions,..right?

Offline wedge

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 12:15:14 PM »
well, I think it's a special edition, but the grille's are black, and it has the standard interior, with the red birds on the panel's and a red bird on the console.  The birds on the steering wheel, wheel hubs are gold.  It looks like special edition car[/img][/url]

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 12:21:53 PM »
oooh sounds a little suspicious to me....grills are supposed to be gold....shifter button and horn buttons arent hard to come across...dash bezel should be gold....steering wheel spokes should be gold....i think wheels should be gold too......id go with the phs documentation....
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....