Author Topic: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!  (Read 690659 times)

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
Re: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!
« Reply #270 on: March 13, 2007, 09:36:20 PM »
Welcome Brad to 78ta!  Glad to see you made it over here partner.
Rich

Offline mrbradva

• Never to old to play with the birds!!!!
« Reply #271 on: March 13, 2007, 09:46:03 PM »
where do you think i got my motor from i got it here hey rich i have been on this site for about 2/12 weeks now thanks for telling me about it

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #272 on: March 13, 2007, 11:20:06 PM »
Your most welcome!
Rich

Offline 784mula

• Ohio Firebirds
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/784MULA
« Reply #273 on: March 14, 2007, 09:50:51 PM »
Quote from: TaksBandit
S/E Michigan here (and its damn cold) :(

Me too. Live in Dearborn area, work in Ann Arbor. Where are you?

Quote from: IwantmyTAback
I live in southern Michigan (woodhaven)

I grew up in Trenton, neighbor! How's the TA search?

Anyone else in Metro Detroit? There are a couple of pretty good cruise-ins we could meet up at!
LOOK ME UP AT THE DOWNRIVER CRUISE 2007, ANYONE ELSE FROM MICHIGAN? IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN STARTING A FIREBIRD CLUB IN MICHIGAN DROP ME A POST.

1978 FORMULA 1st place 2007 TA NATS Stk Class
1977 FORMULA (Gone but not forgotten)

Offline MontrealY82

« Reply #274 on: March 15, 2007, 01:55:55 PM »
Hi all, I'm Jeff from up north, montreal to be exact. I've coming here for about a month now... Great site, very useful info...

I'm working on a deal for a 78 Y88 W72/4 spd non-WS6, PHS documented, match number with 92000 miles and probably very few winters. Body is solid, no rust, which is no small feat in Quebec, interior is a 9/10.

All owners are known and fully documented. I even found out I knew the original salesman who sold it in 78... Small world... It belongs to a member of my family who's a mechanic and a detail freak. For example, he rebuilt the tranny just because he thought he heard a whine from it... he also chage the final ratio back to the original, which came witht the car. Engine is very healthy. He bought it last spring and now wants somethig else (new toy every year...)

A few questions : The car was painted once (never wrecked) but was painted starlight black, with the correct graphics and decals. Is this considered treason?

Wheels have been refinisned but not painted. I know non-WS6 wheels should be painted like the wheel on the right (see pic in S/E page) but is the 78 color code 55 the right one?

Deal is for $17000 US... Sound about right?

Sorry about the long post... I know you like pics so here are a few...

Jeff

[attachment deleted by admin older than 90 days]

Offline MontrealY82

« Reply #275 on: March 15, 2007, 01:57:27 PM »
2 more. I'll get more when it comes out of winter storage mid-April

[attachment deleted by admin older than 90 days]

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #276 on: March 15, 2007, 02:11:34 PM »
Welcome MontrealY88!!  I see you have been paying attention  ;D  Thanks for the pics.  Nice looking ride and hope your deal goes through.
Rich

Offline Jonnyscotti

• Proud to be me.
« Reply #277 on: March 15, 2007, 02:12:35 PM »

A few questions : The car was painted once (never wrecked) but was painted starlight black, with the correct graphics and decals. Is this considered treason?

I cringed when I read that. Painting a Y88 a different color definitely hurts the value by a collector's point of view. As far as a fair price, I have no idea.
The small things aren't worth getting
angry about, my daughter taught me that.
R.I.P. Sierra Louise May 1, 2005 - July 21, 2005

Offline MontrealY82

« Reply #278 on: March 15, 2007, 02:29:05 PM »

I cringed when I read that. Painting a Y88 a different color definitely hurts the value by a collector's point of view. As far as a fair price, I have no idea.

I know... I kind of like black but I wouldn't have painted it black if it had been up to me... but eventually, I plan to bring back the Solar Gold... When I first saw the car last year, I did some research and for a minute, I thought it was a Y84.... 1 of 20... But after a frantic phone call, I was told it was originally Gold... 1 of 1267 aint bad...

Jeff

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #279 on: March 15, 2007, 06:08:10 PM »
Looks like a nice car so far.  Yes, painting it black does hurt the value of the car, but if you plan on bringing it back to life in Gold, then you should be ok.  $17,000 sounds a little on the high side.  If the car was original gold paint on the outside, the $17,000 would be ok, but becuase it has been painted black, then maybe try to talk him down a little in price.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline MontrealY82

« Reply #280 on: March 16, 2007, 05:26:13 PM »
I guess it's also a matter of supply and demand... We don't have many left up here and most are in bad shape. I guess local supply can sometimes warrant a higher price. I really want it but I also have to balance that with some big home improvements coming this spring... So hard to choose....

Jeff

Offline rad400

• Adv. Member
« Reply #281 on: March 18, 2007, 08:26:11 PM »
Hi IAM Conrad  from newark Delaware. 79 ta gold color 400 cubic inches. 400 trans 3:73:1 rear. dual exhaust . I still need to post a pic. of my T/A.  working on my motor and interior. race some and take to cruises.
Conrad
79 Trans am 400 t400 3500 stall #12 heads holley 750 vac carb. Torker II intake 3:73:1 gears 12 bolt rear.

Offline 784mula

• Ohio Firebirds
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/784MULA
« Reply #282 on: March 18, 2007, 08:38:31 PM »
Welcome Conrad. This is one awesome site. ENJOY!!

1978 FORMULA 1st place 2007 TA NATS Stk Class
1977 FORMULA (Gone but not forgotten)

Offline dredden17

« Reply #283 on: March 24, 2007, 04:57:47 PM »
Hello my name is Doug. I've been a Trans Am owner for 4 years. I bought it the day I graduated high school and has been a work in progress ever since. She's just about done and I can't wait!!!
'79 Trans am/ 400, 4-speed
Nothing like a pontiac 400 and a four speed to spend a day cruisin with!!!!

Offline pyeman

« Reply #284 on: March 24, 2007, 06:03:17 PM »
Hi guys just found this site been around camaros all my life but realy wanted a formula for along time. I'am from Stewiacke ns Canada and her is my  special ordered 1979 formula, 403 , auto , ws6, w50, t top deluxe camel with hobnail inserts, The car is fully doucumented.and has never seen salt or rain. The car was repainted a few years ago with 6 coats gold and 4 caoats clear. Its not 100 % correct but its still a very nice example of the formula.