Author Topic: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!  (Read 690674 times)

Offline daniml292

Re: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!
« Reply #555 on: June 23, 2007, 10:07:18 PM »
Hi All,

Thought I would introduce myself (I've been a lurker for a while now) and show you a couple of pics of my Trans Am.  It's a 1979 TA that I picked up 3 years ago this August.  I have had nothing but fun with it since.  The condition you see it in is pretty much how I bought it.  It has a 1974 Pontiac 400 and I was told that the paint is original.  Any who, just thought I'd say hi.  Oh yea, my name's Dan and I live in Westbrook, ME.  Here's muh girl.

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #556 on: June 23, 2007, 10:54:19 PM »
Cool looking car, Dan!  Is it a 4 speed or auto?  Any underhood pics? :D :D

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #557 on: June 24, 2007, 07:58:40 AM »
Nice car Dan, I like the two tone keystones.  Welcome to 78ta and the family.  Look forward to more of your posts.  Any engine and interior pics?  Make a new thread over in the photo area and lets see some more pics!
Rich

Offline blue81ta

« Reply #558 on: June 24, 2007, 09:21:54 AM »
Welcome to the site Dan. Glad you decided to join us. That's a nice T/A you have there.

I like those Keystones too. 8) Thanks for the pics.
Keith
1981 Trans Am

My safe haven from all of life's bs

Offline sparkey

« Reply #559 on: June 24, 2007, 10:42:47 AM »
good lookin bird and welcome to 78ta .com
2  - 77 T/A 6.6
79 T/A 6.6

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #560 on: June 24, 2007, 03:08:13 PM »
Welcome to the site all.  Looks like we have some more members with nice cars and some nice cars in progress.  I agree with the whole "Fix Leak" thing.  They most of the time never work right so I always opt for the true fix and replace the leaky part.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline mst007

« Reply #561 on: June 24, 2007, 03:26:31 PM »
Hey all, been lurking for a while, finally posted up some pics in the "Trans Am" photos section last week so thought I`d better follow etiquette and also introduce myself here too.

I`m a British chap, 40 years, married, 3 kids, 3 cars, and have a goal to live and work in the US. For now, we get our "US fix" from attending US car club meets in the UK and eating too many pancakes with maple syrup. I drive a `74 Firebrid Esprit (Bandit clone), the Mrs drives a GMC Safari and we have a "ricer" (Mazda MX6) for long mileage and business-related motorway meanderings.

I work as a sales and marketing consultant (I wont go there as it may send you all to sleep) but in my earlier years was a singer in a band so that makes up for it I guess.

I spent a LOT of happy years as a kid watching Starsky and Hutch, Knight Rider, Smokey and the Bandit, Happy Days, Wonder Years et al, and generally lapping up the whole perceived "lifestyle" thing which is SO different from the UK. As I got older, and made enogh money to travel, we`ve now been to the US many times, visiting some great friends made via the `net etc Last August I bought the Firebird, was in pretty good shape when I picked it up, one of the best in the UK probably. The only negative for purists out there, is that the car is a bit of a mongrel, `74 Esprit, with 77 front end and a mixed `79 interior. The Firebird gets a LOT of care and attention, and I`m fixing and working on all those dozens of small jobs that always need doing. There`s a GREAT scene in the UK for classic American cars, but its good to be a member of a forum such as this, there`s some great info in all the threads, might take me a few months to read it all tho. :-)

Anyhoo, thats it from me, thanks for putting this together Hitman and look forward to speaking to you all again soon
Mark
Mark, Teesside, England
Currently living my 2nd youth
`74 Firebird with `77 frontend

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #562 on: June 24, 2007, 03:29:50 PM »
Nice to "meet" you Mark!  You have a nice car -- look forward to hearing more from you! 8) 8)

Offline blue81ta

« Reply #563 on: June 24, 2007, 04:56:23 PM »
Hello Mark. Welcome to 78ta. Nice Bird you have there. Have lots of fun with it. :) The attention you'll get in that car will never get old. 8)
Keith
1981 Trans Am

My safe haven from all of life's bs

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #564 on: June 24, 2007, 07:48:52 PM »
Welcome Mark, glad to have ya as part of the family.  Make sure you let us know when your going to be in town so that those of us who live in the area and give ya a hand shake!
Rich

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #565 on: June 24, 2007, 08:10:31 PM »
Welcome Mark! Glad to meet another fan of '70's-'80's TV....ya' gotta' love those old episodes of Starsky and Hutch ;D
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline mastiso77

« Reply #566 on: June 25, 2007, 01:38:26 PM »
Welcome to the site everyone....hey Jeff, what about 80's music?  I must admit that I blast 80's music while I'm rolling but I'm still a whimp at intersections because I still turn the music down very low until I start rolling again!  LOL  Once again welcome to all the new members....good to see this site growing!!!!!
77 W72 TA
66 IMPALA SS 327
87 OLDS CUTLASS SUPREME
92 GMC 1500 383

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #567 on: June 25, 2007, 05:43:09 PM »
I must admit that I blast 80's music while I'm rolling but I'm still a whimp at intersections because I still turn the music down very low until I start rolling again!

Some of us appreciate that, nothing like respect for your fellow drivers on the road.
Rich

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #568 on: June 25, 2007, 11:19:13 PM »
Welcome to the site everyone....hey Jeff, what about 80's music?  I must admit that I blast 80's music while I'm rolling but I'm still a whimp at intersections because I still turn the music down very low until I start rolling again!  LOL  Once again welcome to all the new members....good to see this site growing!!!!!

HAHA...I do the same thing. YES, I LOVE '80's music. Yes, we're respectful drivers, Rich...but we do this so people don't find out we're stuck in the '80's musically. :-\
God forbid we make eye contact with the driver next to us while listening to (or singing along with ;D) Quiet Riot at full volume :o
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #569 on: June 26, 2007, 09:16:32 PM »
Hell, I make sure everyone knows I listen to 80's music, play it loud AND know all the words.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am