Author Topic: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!  (Read 690818 times)

Offline Screaming Chicken

Re: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!
« Reply #990 on: November 03, 2007, 08:02:33 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody. I am very excited about my project. When the seller told me it was a 455 engine I just knew I had to scoop it up. The body is in decent shape with one or two rust spots but he gave me an awesome price. The engine needs to be rebuilt and I plan to keep it in storage until the busy season for my work is over (typically around Jan-Feb). After that, I plan on getting the engine rebuilt along with a few other things and hopefully it will at least be in driving condition by the summer.

Is there anybody here from the New York City area? Like I said, this is my first Trans Am and I'd definitely like to meet other Trans Am people around my area! Thanks again for the welcome!

Offline bainjef

« Reply #991 on: November 04, 2007, 05:44:58 PM »
Hi all, I am new to this so don't bash me to bad.  I just bought a 1980 Indy TA.  It needs some work but is unmolested with 75k miles.  I have seen the carpet in these models they "oyster" color and also a dark grey color.  It has the oyster in it now but will need to be replaced.  Where can I find the proper oyster replacement carpet?  I am sure I will have plenty of other questions but thought I would start with this first.  Thanks, Jeff

Offline bobspacin80ta

« Reply #992 on: November 04, 2007, 06:05:55 PM »
hey jeff post some pics of that indy ,I myself am looking for the carpet and am having a hard time finding the right color that I want. Try  acc they pretty much have anything you need.  Welcome to the best TA site around, and good luck with the pace car.                   
'80 T/A Indy pace car
'78 Grand Prix
'78 Grand Prix

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #993 on: November 04, 2007, 06:22:44 PM »
Welcome Jeff to 78ta, post up some pics of that ride, would love to see it!
Rich

Offline blue81ta

« Reply #994 on: November 04, 2007, 07:20:01 PM »
Hello Jeff. This is great place to hang out for a Firebird/Trans Am lover. Let's see your Indy. :)
Keith
1981 Trans Am

My safe haven from all of life's bs

Offline Domi

« Reply #995 on: November 05, 2007, 07:19:55 AM »
Hello everyone  :)
Just a few lines to introduce myself. I'm living in France and I'm 34 years old.
My interest for the Trans-Am began when I first saw the movie "Smokey & the Bandit"  ;D
If my memory doesn't fail, I was very young, about 7 years old.
Right now, I do not own a Trans-Am, because I bought another car, a DeLorean.
I still hope someday be able to buy one of them. Till then, I'm watching the movie again and again and keep all the beautiful picture I can fnd one the web.

Offline LOMILETA

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #996 on: November 05, 2007, 09:07:53 AM »
Welcome Jeff and Domi. This place is a gold mine of knowledge, Most if not all of your questions can be answered. So jump right in and hang on.
1978 TA-462 ci Buick (just sold)
1980 Turbo Formula
1995 Grand Prix
2002 TA convertible

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #997 on: November 05, 2007, 09:18:47 AM »
Welcome to 78TA.com, Jeff and Domi! :) :)

Offline blue81ta

« Reply #998 on: November 05, 2007, 06:54:01 PM »
Hello Domi... welcome to 78ta family.
Keith
1981 Trans Am

My safe haven from all of life's bs

Offline hdebo

« Reply #999 on: November 05, 2007, 07:23:56 PM »
Hello everyone,
My name is Harry but everyone calls me Debo. I am from southern Connecticut where it is starting to feel like fall. I  purchased a 79 t/a 4 speed WS6 after I had a bad accident in May with my 69 chevelle. I have owend a few birds over the years but it has been quite a while. I found this site and it looks like a great place to get help, information and meet great people. Hope to see some of you in the near future and I look forward to posting and chatting with everyone. It is all original except for the 76 400 engine.  Here is my photo site where you can see a few photos of the t/a and the awful looking pics of my poor velle.

http://sixtyninechevelleguy.myphotoalbum.com/albums.php
Harry

"A Camaro looks like it can kick your a**,  A Trans Am looks like it's coming over to do it"

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #1000 on: November 05, 2007, 07:28:57 PM »
Welcome Harry...beautiful bird...shame about the Chevelle. Was it tweaked beyond repair? I'm sure you got some nasty frame damage from that one... :'(
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline hdebo

« Reply #1001 on: November 05, 2007, 07:41:29 PM »
Welcome Harry...beautiful bird...shame about the Chevelle. Was it tweaked beyond repair? I'm sure you got some nasty frame damage from that one... :'(
The frame was bent to where the engine and trans was pushed back into the cowl. It was ruled a total as I estimated the damage around 18 to 20k to put her back together. I settled with the insurance company and bought the car back and sold it to someone who is going to fix her. At least she will not end up in a salvage yard.
The accident was caused when an sixteen year old girl driving a Subaru Forester pulled a u turn right in front of me. I had to jerk the car to the left to avoid hitting her square in the door. You can see in one photo how flat the steering wheel is from my chest hitting it on impact. At least the T/A has shoulder belts.  :) Amazing how much damage can occur at around 35mph.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 06:44:32 AM by hdebo »
Harry

"A Camaro looks like it can kick your a**,  A Trans Am looks like it's coming over to do it"

Offline beantown

• Ohio Firebirds
« Reply #1002 on: November 05, 2007, 08:10:06 PM »
I am a transplant to Northeast Ohio....but orignally from Boston...hence the handle "beantown" Go SOX, PATRIOTS, CELTICS and BRUINS!!!!

Offline LOMILETA

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #1003 on: November 06, 2007, 09:13:42 AM »
WElcome the 78TA, Debo and Beans. Yes Debo, we should be able to help with all of your questions somehow. So ask away.
1978 TA-462 ci Buick (just sold)
1980 Turbo Formula
1995 Grand Prix
2002 TA convertible

Offline w72transamowner

• Tidewater Trans Am Club (www.ttac.net)
« Reply #1004 on: November 06, 2007, 12:32:48 PM »
I am a transplant to Northeast Ohio....but orignally from Boston...hence the handle "beantown" Go SOX, PATRIOTS, CELTICS and BRUINS!!!!

I know it's not "Northeast" but my wife is from Fostoria (Northwest) and has a sister in the Finley/Tiffan (sp?) area.  That makes for an interesting household this time of year because I'm from Michigan (ha ha).  Go Blue ;)
1978 Trans Am WS6/W72, Auto (purchased Sep 00)

http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/carfanatic1