Author Topic: NWW-79 T/A ripped me off!  (Read 6062 times)

Offline smfcpthowdy

NWW-79 T/A ripped me off!
« on: October 04, 2012, 03:00:51 PM »
I bought a set of seatbelts off this guy, I asked for an update with a tracking number, this went unanswered.
As soon as I fill out a paypal claim, that is when he answered me, stating that he will send it that day.
I said forget it, and I want my money back, who wouldn't?

I have yet to get anything back from him, and only get lots of excuses.
I will be filing a mail fraud complaint against him if I do not get my money back today.

If I were you, I would not buy a thing off of this guy. Looking at other posts in his thread, he doesn't answer other people either.

I will keep everyone informed on my progress with this deadbeat!

Offline Elz

Re: NWW-79 T/A ripped me off!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 04:11:24 PM »
Probably a little overboard with the name calling isn't it? He's a 16 year old kid, cut him some slack.

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 05:02:02 PM »
What does 16 have anything to do with it?

16yr old men captained ships from europe to the new world.

If the guy didn't send someone his stuff, then??????????

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 05:03:57 PM by JupiterBandit »

Offline NWW-79 T/A

• Adv. Member
  • 16 Year Old T/A Owner
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 05:05:09 PM »
I didn't rip you off, it took me a little while to get the parts ready. Between school and the fact my family   has been in the process of moving to a new house and not having a car to drive, I can't get them off the same exact day you say you want them. I had to get them out of a storage building, wrap them up, and wait til someone felt like taking me to town. It took a few days. I'm sorry. I told you we caught a big storm last Friday and Saturday, and I couldn't mail it. So yeah, Tuesday I was going to have my Pawpaw take them to the post office but you didn't want them anymore. Well fine. You can have your money back. I didn't screw you, if I had, I would've blew through all your damn money as soon as I had it, which I obviously did not. PayPal shows the money as "on hold" I don't know what that means or how to fix it. If you do, please, let me know and I'll work with you on this. And when you get your money   back, if you still want the seatbelts, you can have those too. I don't fucking care anymore. Oh and sending me 10 messages and threatening me all day won't exactly work, when I'm at school from 8 to 4 and I can't get them. If you want to work this out fine. If you'd rather file charges and say I "stole" from you, go ahead. Do whatever you feel is right. I'm sorry you couldn't be patient.
Romney/Ryan 2012

-1979 Solar Gold Trans Am in Restoration-

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 05:15:50 PM »
Glad to see you responded.

I think the unfortunate part is we can not see who we are buying from online. Online sales has a rep about people being ripped off. I think the lesson here is if you have any online dealings to keep communication open. Nothing was stopping you from emailing him before it got to this point. If he was then to be unhappy then that's when you say here's your money back.

Well, I'm glad this wasn't another case of a bad seller. Just a seller with poor communication skills.

Offline NWW-79 T/A

• Adv. Member
  • 16 Year Old T/A Owner
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 05:30:42 PM »
Of course I responded. I've responded to his messages as well. I told him I'll let him know when it ships. Over the weekend when he asked for a tracking number I told him I couldn't send it cause of the weather and if get it to him soon. That wasn't good enough. Like I said, he can have his money. And the seat belts if it makes him happy. I'm not a thief, I have no reason to be.
Romney/Ryan 2012

-1979 Solar Gold Trans Am in Restoration-

Offline Elz

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 05:44:10 PM »
What does 16 have anything to do with it?

16yr old men captained ships from europe to the new world.

If the guy didn't send someone his stuff, then??????????

What 16 has to do with it is he may have limited resources for getting things shipped off as quick as this guy expected. It just seemed the way the guy was writing in his post that he was impatient and a little childish for calling him a "deadbeat". I don't know the whole story but I just think the guy may have jumped the gun a little. I think most people on this site are here to help each other out, not screw people over.

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 05:51:45 PM »
That's true 2 sides to a story. Sounds like you are making things right. And if you did keep in communication then that is great. Shi% happens sometimes.

Offline smfcpthowdy

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 09:49:27 PM »

This is what happened everyone.
You tell me if I over reacted.

I pm'd him if they were still available.
within 5 mins I get a response that indeed they were.
I paid him instantly through paypal. Then I offered him a Trans Am calendar on top of it for free! for him selling me this at the offer I gave to him.
He said his car was not good enough to go into a calendar, so I said I would give him a T/A calendar anyways without his car in it. He accepted.

the next day I asked for a tracking number.
I got NO RESPONSE. he says he responded, but he did not. 8 days later I pm'd him again telling him I no longer wanted to do business with him, as I felt I was getting ripped off, due to no responses from him what so ever.
immediately he responded again giving me a line about bad weather.
Why did it take me to tell him I was no longer interested to get a response from this guy?

I then filed a paypal claim, and he said he would give me my money back. I still have not gotten a refund.
I am a business person, I deal with customers ALL THE TIME.
If someone orders something from me, it will be in the mail THAT DAY, or if not, I would be in contact with them the entire time.

reputation is everything.

here is a response to the same thread that I bought my seatbelts from from another person interested in something from him.
"oh thats nothing,i asked  him bout a '76 rear bumber cover & a month later he told me he had problems getting the bolts off,so i replyed back on how to get the off with ease,then another month goes by & tells me the car is gone,go figure"

I did not over react. I did what anyone in my situation would do.
There are a LOT of scammers online.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:54:07 PM by smfcpthowdy »

Offline smfcpthowdy

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 10:24:00 PM »
Probably a little overboard with the name calling isn't it? He's a 16 year old kid, cut him some slack.

You are right, I should not have called him a deadbeat. But cutting him slack because he is 16 is a moot point. A 16 yr old can just as easily call UPS as a 40 yr old could. And a 16 yr old could just as easily rip you off as a 40 yr old could.
The fact remains that I have not been refunded yet. He knows I am not interested in dealing with him any longer.

I am not impatient, I waited over a week with no response. I don't think that open communication between a buyer and a seller is too much to ask for. If he did tell me there was an issue, I would have had no problems waiting for the item. I got nothing from him, until I started some action.

Just saying.

Offline joe d

• Adv. Member
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 06:00:05 AM »
i can say i have purchased parts from him in the past and recieved a great product, as for him being slow to respond i will say that watching the threads since you (nww-79) have posted parts for sale you are a bit slow in responding but i do cut slack as i know you hve school and know it is hard for you, i think howdy you vented a bit harsch but still a business deal is a business deal and howdy deserves a response one way or another, in my opinion nww will not rip anyone off and sold me a very nice set of seat backs, as for you nww, i would figure out a way to satisfy howdy and if he wants his $$ back due to sour grapes the so be it, for howdy i am sure the seat belts were a good price and are in good shape, but that is only base on the parts i purchased from him
1979 ws6 trans am (current project)
2005 mercedes s55
2001 dodge durango
1980 SE trans am (new current project)
1971 Monte Carlo
the 5 p's "perfect planning prevents poor performance"

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 08:09:38 AM »
Sounds like everybody learned something here. IMO  if you feel if a deal has gone wrong with someone on this site unleashing alot of expletives and bashing the other person only serves to make you look bad.Just state you case as you finally did.
   If you have something for sale......make SURE your in a position to expedite delivery BEFORE you offer it on line. If not.....wait till your in a better position BEFORE you offer it for sale. REMEMBER, not everybody operates on the same time table.

Offline JupiterBandit

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 08:39:42 AM »
Flounder is that the lesson you learned from Bob at Build a Bandit? LOL

Calling someone a deadbeat is not an expletive. Now if he called him a mother father, or a son of a beach, then I could say wow that guy is really mad.

Telling someone they suck and they're a deadbeat is criticism and shows he's pretty disappointed.

So unless the people in here can prove they don't call names when they are mad, I suggest you layoff this guy. We wouldn't want to be bullied into not expressing how we feel.

This complies with the National Bullying Prevention Month.  >:D

Offline smfcpthowdy

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 08:59:36 AM »
Flounder is that the lesson you learned from Bob at Build a Bandit? LOL

Calling someone a deadbeat is not an expletive. Now if he called him a mother father, or a son of a beach, then I could say wow that guy is really mad.

Telling someone they suck and they're a deadbeat is criticism and shows he's pretty disappointed.

So unless the people in here can prove they don't call names when they are mad, I suggest you layoff this guy. We wouldn't want to be bullied into not expressing how we feel.

This complies with the National Bullying Prevention Month.  >:D

:)

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 01:32:10 PM »
The worst thing I've EVER called Bob was a bandit. i never called Bob a deadbeat. I never said I want my "F"ing money. And I feel Both sides dropped the ball. He even apologized for calling him a deadbeat. You may be correct in saying that "Expletive" may not have been the best choice in verbage but bashing was VERY accurate.
The difference  between this situation and my situation with Bob starkly different ! You know this, I know this.

I can certainly understand when someone buys something regardless of the medium they use they want what they paid for in a "reasonable" amount of time. If YOU....as a seller.....are not prepared to to send the item in a reasonable amount of time.......DON"T SELL IT till you are. If something happens...pick up the phone,write an email, make an effort to communicate with the buyer.

And No....the lesson I learned was to do more research BEFORE you spend the kinda money I spent. If I lost any type of control it was NOT with Bob but with those that defended him and made EXCUSES for him.
 The world has too many people in it now that say " it's not my fault" . Admit your mistake, MAN UP, MAKE IT RIGHT and learn from it, then move forward.

I think that was acomplished here.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:16:49 PM by Flounder55 »