Author Topic: Might be time to let one go  (Read 6002 times)

Offline 78T/AKID

• W72, 4SPD, WS6 49K
Re: Might be time to let one go
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 08:05:58 AM »

I think it might go on epay soon with a high resurve just to see what it might sell for on there.

That is the best gauge.  Free market system- worldwide audience.
E bay is the best place to put your T/A on to Gauge what the public will pay. But on the other hand you have to deal with the retards out there emailing you dumb question. I had my 78 Martinique blue w72 4spd W26 48K original miles #'s matching car on there. All I got where brokers emailing me and trying to steal the car from me. Never sold the car.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 08:12:15 PM by 78T/AKID »

Offline 4SPEED

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • NFTAC & POCI Member
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 12:48:17 PM »
what were you asking for it.  if you dont mind me asking..  PM me if you want...
77 W72 TransAM  (SOLD)
79 TransAM 4SPEED

Offline winks79

• Chad
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 08:24:55 PM »
Doug in my opinion, your car is worth at least 22-25k. If you could hold on to it a while longer, i believe you could get that for it. I was offered 16,500 for mine, last year,(by two different people at different shows), but it is not for sale. Mine is not a restored car. It has had 1 repaint in 06', and is a documented 53,000 mile original car, 403, auto. it has been well taken care of, and garaged, but it is a unrestored used car. I think your car is worth at least 7-8k more than mine, if not more! If i didn't already have mine, i buy it off of you in a heartbeat! Never thought i would like a white T/A, until i saw yours. beautiful car.

Offline Trans am Oz

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 08:50:08 PM »
High teens is BS. Taxes and shipping is a buyers responsibility and you should not have to take the hit for that. My Vette went to Europe and the buyer paid all costs. He was a dealer as well and probably made some serious coin on the car once it arrived in Holland. I would not go less the 20 to 22K.

Correct Fred
When we buy cars we have to budget for shipping costs not the seller,so if I was looking to buy Dougs 79 for say 25k in reality I need to make sure I've got 32-34k to cover all the costs to bring it down here

Was the dealer in Oz Doug?

Offline Justin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 09:54:45 PM »
Best of luck to you Doug. I can only assume you do great work from all the business you get and from the photos of the 79 I know it is a show winner. Also you are the type of guy to really get the final detail done and not just slap everything together. Hold onto it until you get top dollar for it.
Justin
1978 Trans Am W72
1978 Trans Am W72 WS6 Marty
1979 Trans Am WS6 403

Offline 4SPEED

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • NFTAC & POCI Member
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 04:41:07 AM »
High teens is BS. Taxes and shipping is a buyers responsibility and you should not have to take the hit for that. My Vette went to Europe and the buyer paid all costs. He was a dealer as well and probably made some serious coin on the car once it arrived in Holland. I would not go less the 20 to 22K.

Correct Fred
When we buy cars we have to budget for shipping costs not the seller,so if I was looking to buy Dougs 79 for say 25k in reality I need to make sure I've got 32-34k to cover all the costs to bring it down here

yes,  I still may list it here.  its only 20.00

http://usmusclecars.com.au/
77 W72 TransAM  (SOLD)
79 TransAM 4SPEED

Offline Squirrel

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Dan
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 06:05:17 PM »
i would advertise on here, 45 bucks and runs until car is sold, i have put 2 cars on here, both sold locally though.  got several calls and emails from real buyers.  look how many ta's are on here and they sell.

http://www.cars-on-line.com/
1978 Chesterfield Brown TA
1977 Camaro 4 speed with t tops
1977 Mustang Cobra II

Offline 4SPEED

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • NFTAC & POCI Member
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 06:21:44 PM »
thanks for the link Dan.  I looked at the 79s 4sale there and was seeing 24 to 27k asking prices for the same condition car as mine.    and 45.00 is still cheaper them fleebay

77 W72 TransAM  (SOLD)
79 TransAM 4SPEED

Offline Trans am Oz

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 03:07:40 AM »

Correct Fred

Correct Fred

Id go the local national advertisers like everyone else is suggesting (oldride.com is another) and then if someone like us wants to buy it ,we will see the advert and get in contact..cuts out the middle man
Couple of our members just recently snapped up cars from searching your national advertisers...aint that right Humps :D

Offline AussieTATA

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 11:52:03 PM »

Correct Fred

Correct Fred

Id go the local national advertisers like everyone else is suggesting (oldride.com is another) and then if someone like us wants to buy it ,we will see the advert and get in contact..cuts out the middle man
Couple of our members just recently snapped up cars from searching your national advertisers...aint that right Humps :D
We also have a lovely magazine that you do, that can advertise?!!
Jeff
1979 10th Anniversary TATA
1978 Holden Sandman Van (sold)
2005 Holden Commodore SS
Trans am Oz is looking after my 78SE
Snap Point stole my Y88
Looking for a 70 GTO Judge 4Speed

Offline snap_point

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2011, 06:33:29 AM »
Agree Mal, Oldride.com has lots of great cars on there and genuine add no scams, so people buy with confidence. Not sure about the advertising fees but a good site.

And Mals correct about the shipping, that comes out of our pockets and not the sellers, but hey..... if you offering who am i to argue with that!  ;D
Andrew

**1978 Y88 Trans Am WS6**
**1966 GTO Tri Power 4 Speed**

Offline 4SPEED

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • NFTAC & POCI Member
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2011, 10:16:02 PM »
no he was just saying . lower the price down to 17ish that way when you pay the shipping you'll have 24k or so in it.

Im not paying the shipping. 
77 W72 TransAM  (SOLD)
79 TransAM 4SPEED