Author Topic: 1979 trans am  (Read 107519 times)

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
Re: 1979 trans am
« Reply #390 on: August 01, 2012, 11:58:34 PM »
sorry, i like the chrome better  JMO
So do i,just my opinion. >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Offline 4saken

• I love Trans-Ams
« Reply #391 on: August 02, 2012, 03:55:03 AM »
I too liked the chrome look better, however maybe if you put some clear on them or paint them gloss black they will look even better. Just a thought. Your Dad is very blessed to have you in his life. My prayers go out to you and yours. Keep up the great work.
4Saken

Offline racereaper7

« Reply #392 on: March 11, 2013, 07:41:00 AM »
thank you guys,sorry i have not been back on here in a while a lot of things have been going on. my daily car i sold bought another sold it and now have another daily project car.
i really need to get back to work on the bird.i see it every day and i want to get it out,but i need to get two new tires the back to have gotten dry rot bad.
i got to get ready for work so ill get to some main points and get to my main point/help i need.
i dont know if i had posted before but my wife and i went to germany last year and she (showing good signs) is cured of her long life battle of abdominal adhesions and have been given the ok to in the future to try for kids.

--the main point and help i need from everyone if i could is today is my dads birthday,but yestarday during his pre-birthday i over heard some possiable bad news (cancer) im not for sure but he is  going into (on his birthday) to have more tests done.
--so i am asking for all the prayers i can get.i know i might be over reacting but im just so worried.i have been working so much and getting very close to being able to have more time off and i get hit with this news.
--please help me today in wishing my dad a happy birthday and prayers for good news.

--im sorry for not posting updates on the trans am, but with this news i need to really hit the project hard before it is to late

Offline Mongo

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • THREES A CHARM
« Reply #393 on: March 11, 2013, 10:09:36 AM »
Prayers out to your dad and the entire family. Happy Birthday to your Dad as well.
"What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law."

Offline racereaper7

« Reply #394 on: March 11, 2013, 10:16:59 AM »
Thank you so much. I'm just worried. I have the worst luck when it comes to hospitals and family members

Offline racereaper7

« Reply #395 on: August 03, 2013, 06:08:25 PM »
sorry its been a while since i have been on here again. dads doing better i think,he does not like to say anything is wrong but i have been trying to find out.
on the good news how can i say this..... i have found someone to pass the trans am on to :)
my wife and i are have a baby :) im so excited. i found out on fathers day. shes 10+ weeks right now. went in last thursday to here the heartbeat. no words could describe the feeling of hearing your childs heartbeat and seeing it on the screen. sorry im just so excited,i know its going to be tough and with my wifes past medical history we have to be carful but i have been told to think positive so thats what im going to try and do.

Offline racereaper7

« Reply #396 on: August 03, 2013, 06:09:21 PM »
well with that said i can post what i did today,and i also got a new battery last week because the other one had a bad cell
today i finally removed the power antenna that has been stuck in the up position

was a little bit of a pain because nothing wanted to come loose but i finally go it out

looks good with out the antenna sticking up

i need to figure something to cover up the hole for now?

but i can finally put a car cover on it,this one is to small so ill have to find a bigger one.

Offline racereaper7

« Reply #397 on: September 28, 2013, 06:05:46 PM »
going to try and start to work on the bird again and had some questions/need some help:
looks like i have a fuel leak-any advice on a fix

was wondering what this is and whats the hose that is under it and goes into the firewall?

i would like to remove this too,not sure how.any advice or diy?

Offline Mongo

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • THREES A CHARM
« Reply #398 on: September 29, 2013, 12:15:32 AM »
going to try and start to work on the bird again and had some questions/need some help:
looks like i have a fuel leak-any advice on a fix

was wondering what this is and whats the hose that is under it and goes into the firewall?

i would like to remove this too,not sure how.any advice or diy?

First pic, Use an aircraft clamp in place of the spring clamp.

2nd pic is the cruise control servo. The vac line that goes thru the firewall is the cruise disable vacuum line and it attaches to a vacuum switch by the brake pedal.

3rd pic. The wheelwell will need to come out for access. You will need an a/c delete plate as well.
"What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law."

Offline racereaper7

« Reply #399 on: September 29, 2013, 09:48:46 AM »
thank you for the input,going to try and do as much as i can before the baby comes (helps keep me busy/ease on stress)
it makes me sad seeing it sitting in the garage,and even sader that i will have to put outside for the winter so my wife can have the gargae to make it easier on her.

Offline racereaper7

« Reply #400 on: October 06, 2013, 09:40:33 PM »
wow just going back from the begining of this post. not to much has been done to the transam but i have had a lot of good supportive feed back.
i just want to say thank you for everything guys.
im hoping to start working on the transam again,just to get me busy plus work out stress (i have always felt better working on the trans am,kind of like the old dads with my dad).

**this thursday we can hopefully find out the gender of our baby :)

Offline racereaper7

« Reply #401 on: October 10, 2013, 09:40:56 PM »
did not know if i wanted to start a new thread or just post it here

got some really BIG NEWS TODAY!
we are having a boy :)
just found out today.i have someone to pass the trans-am on too

Offline gilbertsta

• "Live Like You Are Dying"
« Reply #402 on: October 10, 2013, 11:07:40 PM »
Congrats! Wishing you all the best for you and your family.....plan on a lot of diaper time.and less trans am.time
..lol

Offline racereaper7

« Reply #403 on: October 11, 2013, 06:26:09 AM »
Thank you. True, the bird (hopefully) not going anywhere soon.

Offline racereaper7

« Reply #404 on: March 02, 2014, 05:56:52 PM »
my son and i born 2/24/14
Jensen L. Sieg 7.7lb 19.5 tall

my son,dad, and me