Author Topic: 1981 Trans Am  (Read 23870 times)

Offline w72transamowner

• Tidewater Trans Am Club (www.ttac.net)
Re: 1981 Trans Am
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2007, 08:36:13 PM »
Michigan used to be a two-plate state and eliminated the second plate (not sure when) to save money.  I've noticed states such as North Carolina and Tennessee also do not issue a front plate.

But hay, consider yourself lucky.  We here in Virginia have to pay semi-annual property taxes on our vehicles and place a city sticker on the windsheld showing you've paid your taxes.  How about that sports fans?
1978 Trans Am WS6/W72, Auto (purchased Sep 00)

http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/carfanatic1

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2007, 08:37:59 PM »
And don't forget your (VA's) healthy infraction-fee addons if you get caught being a bad boy... ::) ::) :(

Offline milly

• Adv. Member
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2007, 01:23:34 AM »
In Illinois, the car or truck has to have a state issued license plate on the front and rear of the vehicle. I would most likely get pulled over by a State Trooper if I was on the interstate with the Georgia plate on the front and instructed to install the correct plate on the spot. The local police and county police might give me a pass since the car is only out for cruises and shows. I do have the correct state issued plate under the front seat "just in case". I was told a few years ago by a Quincy Police Officer that if I display the plate in the front window while the car is on public roads it technically would be legal since the plate is visible from the front. The rear plate is required to display the yearly renewal sticker in the upper right corner.
John
1981 Trans Am
1996 Firebird

Central Illinois Firebirds
Ohio Firebirds

Offline mastiso77

« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2007, 04:51:46 PM »
Michigan used to be a two-plate state and eliminated the second plate (not sure when) to save money.  I've noticed states such as North Carolina and Tennessee also do not issue a front plate.

But hay, consider yourself lucky.  We here in Virginia have to pay semi-annual property taxes on our vehicles and place a city sticker on the windsheld showing you've paid your taxes.  How about that sports fans?

Didn't Virginia Beach get rid of their city stickers years ago?
77 W72 TA
66 IMPALA SS 327
87 OLDS CUTLASS SUPREME
92 GMC 1500 383

Offline w72transamowner

• Tidewater Trans Am Club (www.ttac.net)
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2007, 08:06:43 PM »
Didn't Virginia Beach get rid of their city stickers years ago?

Virginia Beach did away with the city sticker (and York Country and Newport News soon followed) two or three years ago, but NOT the tax.   The cost of the city stickers was/is fairly minor, it's the regular property tax that gets you (at least on a newer car).
1978 Trans Am WS6/W72, Auto (purchased Sep 00)

http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/carfanatic1